Monday, August 20, 2012

Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland Series #1) by Kristen Ashley

Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 6 of 5 stars (Yup, I'm breaking the rules on this one)

FAVORITE

I finished this book, Wildest Dreams, with a long sigh and a quite wow. I’m have to admit that almost everything else I read from now on will be rated against Kristen Ashley’s talent. I am totally going to blame Becs, since she turned me onto KA (I also give Becs my thanks, too). Now to the review…

Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde lost her parents in her early teens but they instilled a strong family bond and a desire for adventure. Finnie now in her early 20’s is an adventure junkie and when a magical witch offers her a chance to switch places with herself in an alternate universe where her parents are still living…she jumps at chance.

Little did Finnie know that her alternate self Seoafin, her double was attempting to escape her families prearranged marriage, was a princess in the wintery world, didn’t get along the greatest with her parents and had numerous assignation attempts on her life. So, when Finnie appears in her new world she is immediately rushed off to marry a huge, hot Viking type man know as the Drakkar (the dragon). Did I mention that Drakkar hates the Seofin he was to marry and is not pleased with his new bride.

Finnie is thrown into a rural cabin to survive by her new husband…and she thrives, she faces every day as an adventure, makes friends with the towns people in the near by village, adopts a cat and makes the cabin a home for the next year. To her surprise her husband returns in 6 wks and things get “interesting”. He is extremely attracted to Finnie, and is told by the Elves (yup, we got elves) that she is from another world and not the Seofin from his world. He immediately requests the elves bind the new Finnie to this world and he begins his pursuit to keep Finnie and make her his forever.

There are dragons, elves, hot Viking like raiders, assignation plots, government machinations, war, fantastic friendship, a magnificent heroin, and a really awesome alpha hunk (even though he’s a asshite in the beginning). LOVED IT, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Fantasy meets Kristen Ashley romance with a modern heroin thrown into a mid-evil type realm, I FREAKIN’ LOVED IT! Now, that we covered that, you might imagine this book being rated a 5 but I’m giving it a 6 and its going down as one of my all time favorites.


Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment