Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ARC REVIEW - Gilded by Karina Cooper (The St. Croix Chronicles #2)

Gilded by Karina Cooper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Cherry St. Croix is a lady of Society that is living a dual life with that of a Collector. She has 2 men that make her pulse increase and a serial killer toying with her. Her life is unconventional so she doesn’t understand the interest of the Earl. Never wanting to lose her freedom, Cherry must continue to make drastic choices to insure her future.

Gilded is highly complex and I’ve decided not to give any more story details in fear that I may give away something that you should experience for yourself.


This book was bloody brilliant. My reaction after reading Gilded was bereft that it is over and a bit of awe at what a marvelous story! I love steampunk and if you looked up the definition of steampunk this book should be referenced. It had a fabulous historical atmosphere with the perfect amount of gadgets and scientific advanced! I loved this book. Karina Cooper weaved a fantastic, riveting tale that sucked me into this fabulous world she created. I was literally hanging on every word and shocked by the explosive ending. My only complaint is waiting for the next book in The St. Croix Chronicles. Gilded is a fast paced, action packed adventure with an imperfect heroin. Perfectly crafted story, that you definitely don’t want to miss. Gilded is 5 Stars and definitely joining those special books on my favorite shelf.


This copy of Gilded was given to me by Edelweiss and Avon in exchange for an honest review. Publish Date: December 26, 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment