Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Journey by John A. Heldt (Northwest Passage, #2)

The Journey
by John A. Heldt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you knew as a teen what you know now? Would you have changed anything? What if you could go back as you are now, and could influence the “you” of the past into making different life choices? Would you have the courage, not knowing how those changes would impact the future?

John Heldt has created another amazing fantasy in time travel, with The Journey. His character is mysteriously taken back in time and placed in a position where she can influence and impact the life of not only her teen self, but every person she came in contact with!

Michelle’s life in the twenty-first century wasn’t what she thought it would be as a teen, with too many pivotal choices made that choked her zeal and aspirations, leaving her adrift in what-ifs that had accumulated over the years. Fate intervenes and Michelle is given the chance to use her ”future” knowledge for the good of those in her past. Has fate allowed Michelle to find her purpose in life? Will she finally find out what love should feel like? How will it change the future?

Once again, I am amazed at Mr. Heldt’s ability to pour so much emotion and detail into his writing. I wasn’t just reading about the characters and their story, I was there, with them, seeing what Michelle saw through her “adult” perspective. Each and every character was so life-like that I felt I was seeing people I once knew, especially Michelle, who blossomed in her new existence with all of the kindnesses shown to her, finally able to fill whatever emptiness she felt within. Did I get all choked up at times? Yes. Did I actually have to hold my breath and close up my throat so I wouldn’t start crying out loud? Yes. John Heldt’s writing is that good!


Publication Date: November 3, 2012
Publisher: John A. Heldt
Series: Northwest Passage #2
Number of Pages: 242
Genre: Fantasy/Adult/Time Travel
My Rating: 5 Stars
Available from: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment