Saturday, December 28, 2013

Broken Dove by Kristen Ashley (Fantasyland #4)

Broken Dove

Written by: Kristen Ashley
Series: Fantasyland
Sequence in Series: 4
Page Count: 396
Rating: 5 Stars FAVORITE
Genre: Fantasy, Erotic Romance,
Find this book on: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Far too young, Apollo Ulfr lost Ilsa, his wife, the love of his life and the mother of his two children. The grief of her loss does not settle in his soul, it solders to it. But when he discovers there is a parallel universe where his wife may have a twin, he feels there's hope and sets about bringing her to his world so he can have her back.

But Ilsa Ulfr of our world is married to the parallel universe's twin, Pol, who is not a good man. Not in any way. She's on the run from him and the last thing she wants is to be transported to a fantastical world and be forced to take his side as his wife, even if he is not Pol. And Apollo finds the broken, bitter Ilsa nothing like his beloved and he further wants nothing to do with her.

But darkness is looming and evil is amassing. Apollo must protect his land and keep his family safe, including the new Ilsa.

Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)My Review:
Broken Dove by Kristen Ashley

Broken Dove is another extraordinary read from Kristen Ashley. From the moment I started I was memorized by Isla/Maddie and her story. I loved Maddie, she is truly spectacular. Ashley has a way of conceiving exceptional woman characters that will captivate your emotions and keep you enraptured till the end. I laughed, I cried and I was left wanting more...Even with this book is close to 400 pages long. Once again, Ashley created a book that I could not put down.

Apollo is a splendid specimen of alpha hunkiness but he still has his flaws. The relationship between Maddie and Apollo is extremely difficult and complicated but the passion is absolutely explosive. A perfect balance of steam and story!

We are treated to magnificent world building while references to Star Trek and Dream Teams give us the feeling of every day relatability.

As evil collects so does all the fabulous characters from the past Fantasyland story line. Making for exceptional story coalescing … giving us more of the past characters we've come to love.

I personally would love for more of all of Apollo's men and Maddie's ladies, each and everyone of them made an amazing impression and would provide marvelous stories of their own fall into love.

I couldn't end my review without mentioning Apollo's children, pure icing on a perfect cake.

Yes, I loved Broken Dove. It hit every emotional cord, made me want to re-read it as soon as I finished and still managed to leave me with the Ashley WOW Factor and in complete AW.


No comments:

Post a Comment