Thursday, June 19, 2014

Releasing Me by Jewel E. Ann (Holding You #2)

Releasing Me
by Jewel E. Ann

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Series: Holding You - Book 2
Publication Date: April 15, 2014
Publisher: Jewel E. Ann
ISBN: 0991310640
Genre: Adult Romantic Erotica/Adult Romance
Print Length: 370 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

A tragic accident. A hidden past. An unbreakable love.

Never goodbye …

I thought Addy stole my soul.

Her beauty blinded me.
Her heart called to me.
Her touch healed me.

She gave everything and asked for nothing. Then I broke her. The depths of her pain were veiled by the reflection of my own. I didn’t deserve her, but I wanted her––I needed her. In my darkest hell, I heard her voice. That’s when I knew …

Addy was my soul.

Deep breath … I am peaceful, I am strong.

Quinn was worth the risk.

He took away the numbness and gave me unfathomable pleasure. Every emotion felt magnified, every moment felt like the last.

My heart found purpose.
My body came to life.
My soul returned.

His weakness gave me strength, and his past held my future. He saved me by … releasing me.


My Review
Releasing Me by Jewel E. Ann
My Rating: 5 Huge Stars 

Pure heart-stopping, gut-wrenching, breath-stealing romance, Releasing Me by Jewel E. Ann takes romantic erotica to a new level, a new stratosphere! I was gutted so completely, the lines between reality and fiction were blurred at times as I was given an intimate look at two people who loved desperately, brutally and completely. I felt like I should turn away and let the two main characters have some privacy to make their mistakes, confront their pasts, realize the gifts of the present and finally look to a future full of love, hope and sharing.

Quinn comes alive, becomes completely human and admits his vulnerability to himself, even as he punishes both himself and Addy with the actions of a person who feels undeserving of happiness and love. If ever a character has flayed themself wide open as Quinn has done, I haven’t met them yet. Addy proves she is emotionally and mentally stronger than she imagined. Her flashbacks to the past during times of stress went from past nightmares to part of her healing and letting go process. The revelations that continued throughout this tale will bring tears of sadness as well as joy as these two battle their hearts, their inner demons and each other on this emotionally chaotic journey.

Jewel E. Ann has once again, sent her readers into the vortex of the storm, this time bringing us through with the dramatic and powerful strokes of her pen as she becomes the guiding beacon for her characters, as well as her readers. The standard has been set for this author and her brilliant style of writing, pacing and world-building, destroying and re-building as she “brings it all home” for her characters and her readers, all wrapped in the bonds of love. Still sexually off the walls hot, the romance-against-the-odds is the real star of Releasing Me.

I received this copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.



1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with this series but book two looks great so I'm going to have to read book one sometime. Thanks for the heads up about it!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete