Monday, June 23, 2014

Sweet Girl by Cristin Harber (Titan, #1.5)

Sweet Girl
by Cristin Harber

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Titan - Book 1.5
Expected Publication Date: July 7, 2014
Publisher: Mill Creek Press
ISBN-10: 0991647459
ISBN-13: 978-0991647453
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Print Length: 200 pages
Available from: Amazon

Synopsis:

 Sometimes falling in love means going through the worst kind of hell. 18+

A SWEET GIRL
Nicola Hart grew up under the heels of her older brother and his best friend, Cash Garrison. Years of ignoring the spark between her and Cash didn't keep their attraction from turning into a slow burn. Just shy of her twentieth birthday, Nicola needs to know: he wants her or he doesn't.

HE CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM
She's his best friend's little sister. The definition of hands off. Cash has tried to ignore her for years. Instead, he's looked at every pretty little thing who's crossed his path, all to ignore the girl he seems destined to want. But when half the school is interested in Nicola, it's time to stake a claim and hold the hand of the one he really loves.

Sweet Girl is the novel length prequel to best-selling Garrison's Creed. Before Cash and Nicola can fall in love forever, they have to suffer through their first love.


Sweet Girl (Titan, #1.5)My Review
Sweet Girl by Cristin Harber  
My Rating: 5 Stars

Confession time, let’s get it over with- I KNEW this was part of a series,(dead giveaway book 1.5) I KNEW this was a prequel to the next book and something struck me familiar. I am ashamed to say I OWN book 1 and haven’t read it yet, BUT, I did not own book 2 and after reading Sweet Girl by Cristin Harber it only took me 3.2 seconds to change that! Enough about me.

Talk about an emotional powerhouse! Sometimes you just need to know that love exists and grows and eventually cannot be hidden anymore. Imagine following your older brother and his best friend around since you were a child, not even understanding the pull you feel towards your “faux” big brother. You grow up, go to college and there he is always protecting you from guys just-like-him. Nicola, now twenty, has been spoiled for other men. Her heart and soul belong to ultra-bad boy, Cash, one of her best friends, but telling him could ruin their friendship. Meanwhile, Cash finally risks telling her how he feels, but her brother would kill him if he knew. As long as they can keep their love a secret, all should be fine, but soon, someone will have to face their families and bare their souls, a huge step, for both of these young lovers who were meant to be together.

Cristin Harber knows how to build an over the top romantic tale, one puffy heart at a time layered between huge sighs, a few smiles and a bucket load of tears. Her characters are life-like, at times, immature, at other times mature beyond their years, but always fascinating and likeable as they traverse the supposed freedoms of college life. See? Life-like! A definite feel-good romance that never gets too dark or deep throughout with a hint of mystery that wraps the ending in an emotionally taunting bow. Ms. Harber has melted my heart, stopped my breathing, had me chuckling and brought me to tears with this one!


I received an ARC edition from the author in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment