Friday, July 11, 2014

His Reverie by Monica Murphy

His Reverie
by Monica Murphy

My rating: 4 stars

Publication Date; July 28, 2014
Publisher: Monica Murphy
ISBN: 9780988369481
Genre: Teen/YA Romance
No Retail Information Available at this time.

Synopsis:

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.

The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine.


His ReverieMy Review
His Reverie by Monica Murphy 
My Rating: 4 Stars

Two teens from opposite sides of the track, living lives as far removed from each other as the North Pole is to the South Pole. But there is an unspoken chemistry between them that has all the makings of new, young love. Told in dual POVs in a truly unique manner, I was taken inside Nick’s mind, to the turmoil he held within, just a teen, just released from prison for a crime he did not commit, his mother has just passed on after her life was taken by inoperable cancer, Nick is alone, scared and barely living. The second POV comes in the form of Reverie’s journal entries. She is sheltered, trained to perform onstage and in public for her televangelist father and a mother who sounds a lot like an infamous former televangelist’s plastic wife. In spite of her strict upbringing, Reverie has found a boy who may be her first love and he becomes the topics of her entries. Can these two bridge the gap society has dug around them? If Reverie knew of Nick’s past, could she still love him? People are hard-pressed to forget or forgive the likes of Nick, even though his innocence is proven. Will the mighty hand of the Reverend smash their budding romance? Will another death be falsely blamed on Nick?

His Reverie by Monica Murphy is an edgy and dark young romantic tale that has all the elements for great reading, with the angst coming from the male hero, proving that the insecurities of being a teen, compounded with a bleak past takes a toll on even the masculine gender. Nick played his part well, I did not feel so good about Reverie, she is far too immature for what she is feeling for Nick, as evidenced by her journal entries. Perhaps her taste of the outside world and living on the edge by secretly sneaking away to see Nick will give her a much needed taste of independent thinking, NOT that I condone sneaking around! Still, Ms, Murphy can definitely write and I have the feeling “the rest of the story” will uncover far more than one could imagine as the series continues. She has a wonderful talent for setting a bleak and desperate tone while leaving the future clouded in a mist to be revealed later.

I received an ARC edition from Monica Murphy in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment