Saturday, July 19, 2014

Virgin by Radhika Sanghani

Virgin
by Radhika Sanghani

My rating: 4 stars

Publication Date: August 5, 2014
Publisher: Berkley
ISBN: 9780425276310
Genre: Women's Fiction
Print Length: 304 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

Okay, I admit it…I didn’t do it.

Yet.

This is normal, right?  I mean, just because everyone I know has talked like they’ve already done it doesn’t mean that they’re telling the truth…right?

It’s not like I’m asking for that much. I don’t need the perfect guy. I don’t need candlelight or roses. Honestly, I don’t even need a real bed.

The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?

Sooooo…anyone out there want sex? Anyone? Hello? Just for fun?

I am not going to die a virgin. One way or another I am going to make this happen.

Hey, what have I got to lose? Besides the obvious.


VirginMy Review
Virgin by Radhika Sanghani
My Rating:  4 Stars

Go Girl Power! If anyone can laugh at the humorous side of Virgin by Radhika Sanghani, it’s those of the feminine persuasion! Nothing is better than discovering you are not alone in the jungles of coming of age as a female in this contemporary world. From relationships with “humanly realistic boys” (read: not perfect) to all the torturous primping that girls will put themselves through in the name of “beauty” and sexual attractiveness, it is so easy to see oneself within these pages.

Is being a virgin really so bad? Is “the first time” all it’s cracked up to be? Radhika Sanghani has tackled a delicate subject with the grace of a rhino, stripping away those canned “girl talks” that teachers and parents give and laying it all on the line in all of its naked glory. Like sharing with your best of best friends and having a good laugh about it, once the sting of immaturity subsides, Virgin should be required reading for every girl going through the pressures and insecurities of her teen years where peer pressure and curiosity run rampant.
For me, the message is make your own choices, live with them and own them, no matter what, and for Pete’s sake, keep you sense of humor dialed to high..

I received this ARC edition in exchange for my honest review from Berkley.


No comments:

Post a Comment