Sunday, August 31, 2014

Taking Control by Jen Frederick (Kerr Chronicles, #2)

Taking Control
by Jen Frederick

My rating: 4 stars

Series: Kerr Chronicles - Book 2
Publication Date - Paperback: August 22, 2014 eBook: September, 2014
Publisher: Pear Tree, L.L.C.
ISBN-10: 0991426770
ISBN-13: 978-0991426775
Genre: Adult Romantic Drama/Erotica
Paperback: 362 pages
Available from: Amazon Paperback | Barnes & Noble Paperback

Synopsis:

I thought I needed only one thing in my life--the money and power to crush one man. But the moment I laid eyes on Victoria Corielli, my thirst for revenge was replaced by my craving for her.

No rule would keep me away; no obstacle too large to overcome. Not her will, not our differing social positions, not my infamous past. When she lost everything, I helped her pick up the pieces. When she trusted me with everything, she sealed her fate.

I've convinced Victoria she can put her heart in my hands. Now I have to protect it--from her shady stepfather and my business rivals, from enemies known and hidden. I'll do anything to keep her. And I might have to prove it, because now Victoria''s risking more than her heart to be with me; she's risking her life.


Taking Control (Kerr Chronicles, #2)My Review
Taking Control by Jen Frederick

Are you alpha obsessed? Do you like that take charge kind of guy who can be equal parts ruthless and tender? Do you like your heroines to be feisty, independent, but looking to love and be loved completely without being controlled? Jen Frederick’s Taking Control gives the mega alpha Ian full reign as he does the majority of the narration in this steamy, romantic read.

Tiny and Ian are definitely looking every bit the couple they are, but Ian’s wealth and power are hard for Tiny to reconcile with, that she can now do and have anything she wants, especially after all the years of struggle when her step-father left her mother and her behind to deal with her mom’s cancer. When Tiny’s past slithers back into her life, Ian will stop at nothing to keep her safe and he is determined to seek revenge. Meanwhile, Ian’s fortune is at risk when a former trusted ally tries to bring him to his financial knees. Do you really think that team Tiny & Ian would allow that without a fight? Will these two ever find that peaceful love they both long for with each other? Power, greed and jealousy surround them, will they stand as one or will they both fall together?

Jen Frederick should provide a warning label, HOT to the touch, keep smelling salts available. For as alpha and controlling as Ian is, I think he met his match in bed, on the desk, in the shower, as Tiny’s own alpha comes out to play. Thank heavens there was an excellent, well written plot with side stories to allow a cooling off period for both myself and my eReader! Jen Frederick’s imagination put into words could cause global warming!



No comments:

Post a Comment