Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Night Magic by Susan Squires (Magic #4)

Night Magic
by Susan Squires

My rating: 4 stars

Series: Magic - Book 4
Publication Date: September 8, 2014
Publisher: Susan Squires
ISBN: 1500918504
Genre: Adult Paranormal Intrigue/Romance
Print Length: 336 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

DESTINY ISN’T CALLING. Kemble Tremaine is thirty-seven. He knows he’ll never get magic like the rest of his family. The Merlin gene has passed him by. No true love, no magic power to help the family in their fight against the descendants of Morgan Le Fay. Since it doesn’t matter who he marries, he asks his sister’s best friend, Jane. At least he’ll be rescuing her from a horrible home life.

CINDERELLA MISSES THE BALL. Jane Butler has loved Kemble since she was twelve years old. She’s well aware he’s not marrying her for love, but she hopes she can make him comfortable.

HAPPINESS IS RELATIVE. Comfort isn’t on the menu for the Tremaines. Kemble’s sister has been having visions of tragedy. The family finds one of Merlin’s precious artifacts, meant to increase the power of those with magic. Morgan and her Clan want it too. They can’t be far behind. Can Kemble and Jane find destiny in the face of danger and even death?


Night Magic (Magic #4)My Review
Night Magic by Susan Squires

I have to say, I like Susan Squires style! She breathes warmth, insecurity, love and danger all together and created some true magic. It is her ability to tell a tale and invite the reader into the middle of it that kept me reading and rooting for Kemble and Jane, who, at first blush, are only married out of convenience and necessity. Kemble only saw Jane as his sister’s friend; Jane has been in love with Kemble forever. Their tenuous exploration in their unusual marriage is the thing hearts melt over. Jane is priceless and Kemble is finding a side of himself he never even thought twice about. Apparently he was hoping to find his magic and it wasn’t there, what he found was sweet Jane and the woman she really was.

Night Magic by Susan Squires is part of a much larger series, pitting the ancestors of Merlin against Morgan LeFey and her cronies, which sounds absolutely wonderful! Kemble’s family descends from Merlin and is currently taking a beating from Morgan.

And here is my confession, when I signed up for this tour, the host needed reviewers, never did they mention this is part of a series, so, yep, you’ve got it, I had no idea what was going on and even reading the blurbs didn’t give me enough information to fairly review Night Magic as part of a series. I could, however, review the book’s style, on its own merits. What I read, I enjoyed, what I understood, I enjoyed more. My rating is based on the strength of Susan Squires’ writing and has me wanting to pass go and read the entire series!


I received this copy as part of the Night Magic Blog Tour & Giveaway stopping at Tome Tender September 18, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment