Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ruptured by Maggie Mae Gallagher (The Cantati Chronicles #2) Prequel

Ruptured

Written by: Maggie Mae Gallagher
Series: The Cantati Chronicles
Sequence in Series: 2 (prequel #1)
Print Length: 90 pages
Publisher: Maggie Mae Gallagher
Publication Date: September 16, 2014
Rating: 5 Stars
Genre: Paranormal
Find this book on: Amazon

Synopsis:
It has been eighty-three years since the walls between Earth and Infernus fell, and now our world stands upon the razor’s edge of extinction. Demon platoons are marching upon us. My home, one of humanity’s last bastions of existence, is under siege.

My name is Alana Devereaux. I am the resident demon detector of Cantati Forces and Platoon Commander. My job is to hunt down the vermin unleashed upon my world, and I love it. I live for the day I can kick every last demon’s ass out of this world. Except as enemy forces reign down terror upon us, the Densare Council sentences me to a fate worse than death.

Ruptured (The Cantati Chronicles, #2)My Review: 
Ruptured by Maggie Mae Gallagher

Humankind is being annihilated by demons. There are only a few strong holds left. Within these strong holds the Cantati live, humans with special abilities to fight demons. Alana Deveraux is a Cantati that has the most successful platoon under her comand.

The council the leaders of the bastions, have decided that Alana needs to become a breeder. Relegated to re-population with the man of their choosing, Alana might just be up against something worse than the demons.

Ruptured is the prequel to Anointed, book 1 in the Cantati series. It is Alana's story before she travels back in time to stop the demon hordes from breaching into our world. You get lots of background into the world she left behind, and some insight into why she is they way she is...

Maggie Mae Gallagher writes a riveting tale of a world gone mad with evil. Anyone can be your enemy when you are fighting to survive and a lot of the time the good of the many out weigh the rights of anyone.

Ruptured provides pulse pounding action, a heroine you can really get behind paired with a marvelous balance of evil, corruption and animosity to really give our heroine something to fight for.

I devoured this story, reading it straight through in hours. I was in need of a really awesome story, one that not only interested me but pulled me in and made me part of the tale...Ruptured is just such a story. Gallagher's writing hits the paranormal spot.

I received this ARC copy of Ruptured from Maggie Mae Gallagher in exchange for a honest review.

Written by: Maggie Mae Gallagher
Series: The Cantati Chronicles
Sequence in Series: 2 (prequel #1)
Print Length: 90 pages
Publisher: Maggie Mae Gallagher
Publication Date: September 16, 2014
Rating: 5 Stars
Genre: Paranormal
Find this book on: Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment