Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Black Widow by Jennifer Estep (Elemental Assassins #12)

Black Widow

Written by: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assassins #12
Page Count: 384 pages
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: November 25, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
ISBN-10: 1476774544
ISBN-13: 978-1476774541
Genre: Urban Fantasy | Paranormal
Find this book on: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

There’s nothing worse than a cruel, cunning enemy with time to kill—and my murder to plan.

With wicked Fire elemental Mab Monroe long gone, you’d think I could finally catch a break. But someone’s always trying to take me down, either as Gin Blanco or my assassin alter-ago. Now along comes the Spider’s new arch-nemesis, the mysteriously named M. M. Monroe, who is gleefully working overtime to trap me in a sticky web of deceit.

The thing is, I’m not the only target. I can see through the tangled threads enough to know that every bit of bad luck my friends have been having lately is no accident—and that each unfortunate “coincidence” is just one more arrow drawing ever closer to hitting the real bulls-eye. Though new to Ashland, this M. M. Monroe is no stranger to irony, trying to get me, an assassin, framed for murder. Yet, as my enemy’s master plan is slowly revealed, I have a sinking feeling that it will take more than my powerful Ice and Stone magic to stop my whole life from going up in flames.

Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)My Review:
Black Widow by Jennifer Estep

If it was possible to talk someone to death M. M. Monroe would be a pro, while she slowly wove her treacherous plot to destroy Gin Blanco and all she holds dear.

Once again, the gang must come together to take on a Monroe. The gang has grown but the connect has gotten stronger than ever.

This was a very slow building story. Much of the time Gin is waiting for the shoe to drop, but when it drops the fall is hard.

Unfathomable destruction leaves the team reeling... can they rally when it seems the tides have turned?

It took me awhile to get into this story. I didn't find the time waiting for M. M. Monroe to make her move as a build up, it seemed like more of a filler...but once Monroe makes her move that portion of the story went to a 5 star read for me.

Ultimately, I have to give Black Widow 4 stars. Estep still manage to pull me and give me an emotional connection to the characters making me utterly invested in the final outcome...and what an ending...

I received this ARC copy of Black Widow from Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books - Pocket Books in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication November 25, 2014.




No comments:

Post a Comment