Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tag by Shari J. Ryan

TAG
by Shari J. Ryan

My rating: 5 stars

Publication Date: November 7, 2014
Publisher: Booktrope
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Print Length: 264 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

What if your family had a big secret . . . a life changing secret. My dad, the bigwig CIA agent, was always on the run, whether he was being chased or doing the chasing. I missed him. Then my mom passed away, and my sister was murdered. I turned my solitude to strength because the alternative was too bleak.

But my luck seemed to turn: I met Tango. And while I want him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my twenty-two years, danger lurks around every corner and I simply can’t take the chance of it finding me. But his tattoos, his smell, his darkness, and his body— that marine has taken over my every thought. But, what if he too isn’t what I think? A ticking time bomb isn’t going to leave me much time to waver. Even the bravest person can be in need of a miracle.

Before she was gone, my mom warned me to know everyone and trust no one. But what was I supposed to do when I found out I am the one not to be trusted? Turns out, I was always the bait in this conspiracy.

In author Shari J. Ryan’s gripping novel, TAG, the canyons hold secrets, the waterfalls provide safety, and romance has a pesky way of showing up when you are sweaty and dirty and least expect it.


TAGMy Review
Tag by Shari J. Ryan

Hang on tightly to your heartstrings, because an emotional tug of war is about to explode all around you as two people, deserving or not, have faced a world of pain, deceit and loss in their pasts and hold little hope of change for their futures. Tag by Shari J. Ryan is part tender romance, part nail biting suspense and one hundred percent “Go away-I’m Reading” magnetic!

Cali’s life has always been unsettling. Her father was rarely around growing up and now he has virtually disappeared and on the run. As the daughter of a CIA agent, Cali was taught never to let her guard down, never to trust too much. But she did just that, once and it cost her sister her life as Cali could only watch the horror of the man she loved slitting her sister’s throat. When her mother died of cancer, there was no one left for Cali to trust in, lean on or be loved by. She did have her raging anger, the need for revenge and later, as she would discover, a bullseye on her back. Cali was the pawn in the game of cat and mouse being played between unknown evil and her father. It was time to go into hiding with him. Enter Tango, former Marine, toughened soldier, a man doing his job, to protect Cali and bring her in safely. When Tango wasn’t breaking through Cali’s defenses, he was completely irritating her. Tango was also full of his own secrets, both past and future. He has his own demons to deal with and he is not ready to share.

When danger follows on their tail, it is Tango who proves he can be trusted to keep Cali safe. But can he be trusted with her heart? Will he bare his past, present and future secrets? Will he explain the blood he coughs up? Does he have ulterior motives to being Cali’s bodyguard?

Rest up for this game of Tag because Shari J. Ryan knows how to dig deep and push every button in her arsenal to bring a fast-paced tale riddled with intrigue, mysteries and searing emotions that will leave you raw. Page by page the world around Cali and Tango grows uglier and uglier. Staying alive is at best, a crap shoot and believe me when I say, I felt like I was there as every moment sped past only to slam into another twist or sharp angle.

One of the best things about reading is finding a new author to follow and today was my lucky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment