Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Light Of A Thousand Stars by Siobhan Davis (True Calling, 2.5)

Light Of A Thousand Stars
by Siobhan Davis

My rating: 5 stars

Series: True Calling - Book 2.5
Publication Date: May 1, 2015
Publisher: Siobhan Davis
Genre: YA Scifi-Paranormal Romance
Print Length: 94 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


Ariana Skyee has been the center of Zane Anders’ world for years. They got together as a couple ten months ago, so Zane finally has the girl of his dreams. Life should be peachy.

But it isn’t.

Haunted by a shared secret that threatens to destroy their relationship and claim their sanity, Zane is on a one-man mission to prevent Ari from falling apart.

Then Commander Skyee drops the biggest bombshell of all, and everything Zane has taken for granted about the future is shattered overnight.

Always and Forever: That’s what Zane has promised Ari.
Keeping that promise is about to become the hardest thing he will ever do.



Light Of A Thousand Stars (True Calling #2.5)Light Of A Thousand Stars by Siobhan Davis

I knew it. I knew I would have my heart torn out. I knew I would need a roll of paper towels, even for this short read. Any time the male POV is the sole voice, the insight into the male heart and mind can be a journey through hell and beyond and Zane’s tale of his relationship with Ari on Earth, is one heartbreaking journey. Talk about shedding light on a relationship forced to end before it finished blooming, how unfair life and circumstance can be, whoa, Siobhan Davis is in rare form for this one! Light of a Thousand Stars is in a word, brilliant.

There isn’t a moment of page that goes by that Zane and Ari’s feelings are not flayed open for all to see and feel. Their last days together ended too quickly, but the maturity and love that Zane showed at his own expense, as he bares his soul on his inner turmoil had me in tears. Really, it was an ugly cry, and would have been even if I hadn’t known the future.

Siobhan Davis has used her gift for bringing situations and characters to life with raw intensity and it is well showcased on these pages. She didn’t need 500 pages to convey her message and I’m glad, I don’t think I could have handled it, I only had one roll of paper towels.

I received this ARC copy from Siobhan Davis in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment