Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Say My Name by J. Kenner (Stark International Trilogy #1)

Say My Name
by J. Kenner

My rating: 4 stars

Series: Stark International Trilogy - Book 1
Publication Date: April 7, 2015
Publisher: Bantam/Random House
ISBN-13: 9780553395204
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Print Length: 337 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

New York Times bestselling author J. Kenner kicks off a smoking hot, emotionally compelling new trilogy that returns to the world of her beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me. Say My Name features Jackson Steele, a strong-willed man who goes after what he wants, and Sylvia Brooks, a disciplined woman who’s hard to get—and exactly who Jackson needs.

I never let anyone get too close—but he’s the only man who’s ever made me feel alive.
 
Meeting Jackson Steele was a shock to my senses. Confident and commanding, he could take charge of any room . . . or any woman. And Jackson wanted me. The mere sight of him took my breath away, and his touch made me break all my rules.  

Our bond was immediate, our passion untamed. I wanted to surrender completely to his kiss, but I couldn’t risk his knowing the truth about my past. Yet Jackson carried secrets too, and in our desire we found our escape, pushing our boundaries as far as they could go.

Learning to trust is never easy. In my mind, I knew I should run. But in my heart, I never felt a fire this strong—and it could either save me or scorch me forever.

Say My Name is intended for mature audiences.


Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1)My Review
Say My Name by J. Kenner

J. Kenner always writes with powerful words, steeped in emotion and turmoil. Her male characters are the damaged, the powerful, the dominant and the controlling. Say My Name does not break the romantic and erotic mold she is famous for. Neither does the characterization of her females, who are strong, have painfully wretched secrets and hearts that have been broken, sometimes by the very male they are now confronted with. Always, one must relinquish control, while both must learn to trust.

Sylvia has a project near to her heart, one that will get her noticed and she needs architectural designer, Jackson Steel to make this dream a reality. Jackson is the man who stole her heart, took control of her body, mind and soul, but she ran from him and now she must face him again, pitch her proposal and keep from melting in the heat of his raw magnetism.Is he the same demanding man she knew before? Can she resist him or will he take every indecent liberty he can to prove they belong together? Business is business, but the passion and heat they make becomes the center of her focus. They both hold secrets but can they both trust enough to reveal their inner souls or will one hold back, causing the other to flee once again in frustration and heartache?

Is Jackson right to teach Sylvia to face her inner demons by taking away her self-control when she is around him? Will he reveal his inner feelings through his actions and reactions to their relationship? Are they right for each other or are they each using the other for personal gain?

I’m not sure J. Kenner knows the word moderation as she creates her story by stringing it high above a rocky canyon and them pushes her characters to their limits as they walk the tight rope of life, lust, love and ambition. Although not a new formula, her signature “in your face” action and chemistry blisters off each page, as only she can do it.

I received an ARC edition from Bantam in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment