Friday, April 17, 2015

The Reaper's Daughter by K.M. Randall

The Reaper's Daughter
by K.M. Randall

My rating: 5 stars

Expected publication: May 9th 2015
Publisher: Booktrope
ISBN: 9781620158418
Genre: YA Paranormal

Synopsis:

I’ve always felt like an average girl ... except for my strange relationship with death. You could say I like to court it. Whether I’m soaring through the air as a flyer for Specter University’s cheer squad, or speeding down the steepest mountain with only grace and balance keeping me from an icy end, I’ve always needed to feel a rush. But now Death is courting me―in more ways than one. First, there’s Rishi, a rogue death deity who has a penchant for annoying me nearly to my grave and whose intense gaze has the power to see right through me. Then there’s Hades, who I’d rather had stayed just a myth. Now that he knows I exist, he’s not going to leave me alone until I meet the same end as my mother.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention her? I spent my whole life thinking she had died when I was a baby, but now I’ve found out she’s much more than dead. Fifty years ago, Hades banished my mother from the underworld and took away her ability to cross over souls―souls that have wandered lost through the world ever since. Now she wants me to clean up the mess. You may have​ heard of her before ...

They call her the Grim Reaper.


The Reaper's DaughterMy Review
The Reaper's Daughter by

For eighteen years Blake has been the girl who liked to “live life on the edge on planet Thriller.” If there are chances to take, she is the go to girl, the one who dared to defy Death. Little did she know she has been on Death’s radar and the moment is right for her to come face to face with the Grim Reaper, and holy deities of the underworld, Grim is her very own Mommy Dearest, who supposedly died when she was a baby! Mom has a little problem and it is wreaking havoc on the souls of the dearly departed and she wants Blake to clean up the mess, take on the mantle of death and help her regain her powers and rights taken away by that little devil, Hades. Of course, Hades is now gunning for Blake, and if he catches her, it won’t be pretty.

With the aid of an annoying rogue death deity Rishi who, as hot as he is, is a little disconcerting to Blake. Can she trust him? One thing Blake cannot do is ignore the departed souls she can now see as they wander, lost, begging for safe passage to the otherworld. What if someone she cares deeply for needs to be delivered? Can she do it? Has the once hard as nails teen in over her head? Will her mouth and her attitude put her in a world of hurt or will the daredevil in her start the wheels in motion for big changes in the Death Delivery System?

K. M. Randall’s The Reaper’s Daughter puts the myths and mysteries beyond the grave into a whole new level of perception. The chaotic world K. M. Randall has created is nothing short of brilliant! Who knew death could be so feisty? Heck, who knew Death wasn’t a skeletal, smelly, robe-wearing guy with a scythe to be feared? I laughed, I fist-pumped the air, I wanted to cry and I want to believe that when my “time” comes, Blake will make it a journey to remember! She is a force to be reckoned with and her sidekick and best friend is just priceless in the comedic relief and best friend ever department.

Every new story is a secret surprise waiting to be unveiled, and K.M. Randall’s The Reaper’s Daughter is one of the best surprises yet!

I received this ARC edition from the author in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment