Monday, May 25, 2015

All I've Never Wanted by Ana Huang

All I've Never Wanted
by Ana Huang

My rating: 5 stars

Publication Date: June 9, 2015
Publisher: Ana Huang
Genre: YA Romance
Print Length: 626 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
The Scions were the four most powerful guys at Valesca Academy. They terrorized anyone who stood in their way and, unlike every other girl in school, all I wanted to do was avoid them until I could graduate from this hellhole. And then, out of seemingly nowhere, one becomes my fake boyfriend, one my unwanted matchmaker, one my guardian angel, and the one I can't stand the most? Yeah, he's my new housemate. Am I happy? Hell no.

 
All I've Never Wanted by Ana Huang

Another hidden gem rises to the top! All I’ve Never Wanted by Ana Huang is a fresh look at the world of the rich and powerful offsprings of, of course, the rich and powerful while attending THE best and most prestigious high school in the country. We KNOW every haughty high school has its own misfits and Maya is it, but only because she doesn’t bow from the ankles to THE SCIONS. Here’s one of Ana Huang’s best twists, the Scions aren’t plastic, rich and angst ridden girls, they are boys and when they walk in you can almost feel everything move in slow motion from the moment they pull into the parking lot. The crowd parts, girls primp and simper and every guy wants to be just like them. The only person not impressed? Maya, so naturally she manages to come under their radar when her mouth cuts loose on one of them, which draws the rest in and Maya’s high school career has just veered off straight down the diamond encrusted rabbit hole.

Ana Huang has filled each page with fabulous dialogue, wit and attitude as the down to earth Maya becomes the object of curiosity, protectiveness, snark and even a 24K cupid has gotten involved! We have clich├ęd little rich boys, full of themselves, almost to the point of excess, and it is priceless. Ms Huang uses humor and even clever characters to round out this tale. Imagine in the midst of all of this glamor, having Grandma there to make things real, grounded and to not care who someone is, but what their intentions are! Low on angst, high on attitude, overflowing with charming scenes, and even real friendships, All I’ve Never Wanted is quirky twist on teen life, love and cupid’s keen sense of humor!

I received an ARC edition from Ana Huang in exchange for my honest review.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment