Friday, May 29, 2015

My African Dream by Mario Saincic

My African Dream
by Mario Saincic

My rating: 5 stars FAVORITE

Publication Date: March 11, 2015
Publisher: Mario Saincic
Genre: Adventure | Romance | Mystery
Print Length: 324 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
My African Dream finds Millicent Cramer in the heart of Kenya, a world she only ever dreamed about. Even her wildest imagination could not prepare her for life on African soil, but what she experiences there changes her life forever. She finds the harsh beauty overwhelming; the people comforting; and even stumbles on love…but the biggest thing she discovers is a purpose for her life - a calling far beyond anything she had experienced before.

***This book fights rhino poaching***
***Half of author's proceeds goes to rhino conservation*** 

  
My African Dream by Mario Saincic
My African DreamMilly wanted excitement and something meaningful in her life, to fulfill a dream, but when she was accepted to be part of a group who care for and help protect the beauty of the many animals in Kenya, she finds more than she could ever hope for, purpose and love.

Mario Saincic’s My African Dream follows one wide-eyed and ill-prepared young woman as her heart is opened to the dangers and raw beauty of a land gifted with creatures most of us will only ever see in a cage or zoo environment. Along with that beauty, comes pain and death, not just from nature’s laws, but the heinous butcher and plunder by poachers that steal in like thieves in the night, rarely getting caught. What Milly saw was the aftermath and the destruction of life.

Having been fortunate to have been to South Africa and Zambia, I can say, Milly’s reactions were spot on, fear, joy, overwhelming awe and a sense of wonder and as well as anger that these beasts are caged or maimed for the pleasures of humans. I traveled and rode alongside Milly, I felt the heat, the humidity and wore the dust with her with almost a feeling of déjà vu as I anticipated her reactions to this brilliant world.

Mario Saincic has written a tale on a topic he holds dear, protection of the wild and majestic animals of Africa. I was moved by his passion, as well as how much true human emotion he put into his work. Charming characters, not perfect, but big-hearted, heartbreaking scenes of brutality and the untamed feel of the land that no fence can hold back. This may not be the real thing, but it felt as real as my trip, minus the 20 some hours in-flight each way. Feel the dream, become an advocate for ending the senseless slaughter, help Mario Saincic fulfill his dream of saving the heart of Africa, its animals, half the proceeds he receives goes toward the fight to stop the slaughter for profit.

I received this copy from Mario Saincic in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment