Sunday, May 17, 2015

Wings of Shadow by Sherri A. Wingler (Book 2 of The Immortal Sorrows Series)

Wings of Shadow
Book 2 of The Immortal Sorrows Series
by Sherri A. Wingler

My rating: 5 stars

Series: The Immortal Sorrows - Book 2
Publication Date: February 3, 3015
Publisher: Sherri Wingler
ISBN-13: 9781500224219
Genre: YA PNR
Print Length: 289 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
 
 Mortals never see me in their final moments. Isabel saw me. From the very beginning. She saw me, knew me for the monster I am, and still she loved me. That beautiful, young woman with fire in her blood. I wanted her the moment I laid eyes on her. She was perfect, made just for me by a cruel and merciless twist of Fate. Isabel was my mate and my match, in every way, but loving me destroyed her.
Fate stole my love from me, simply to watch me suffer. Oh, it had cost her, but not nearly enough. A few dead Reapers were nothing compared to what I would do when I found her. The River of the Dead could run red with the blood of the guilty, and it would never be enough. My revenge would be a bitter-sweet thing, for it would never bring my Isabel back to me. Once she faced Judgment, she would be lost to me, forever.
I could not accept that. I would not.

Author's note: Please be aware that "Wings of Shadow" is book 2 of The Immortal Sorrows series, and cannot be read as a stand-alone book. It is the continuation of Izzy's and Asher's story, and takes place directly after the conclusion of book 1, "Wings of Darkness," which is available now, exclusively through Amazon.
**Contains some violence and strong language**
**Recommended for ages 16+**

  
 Wings of Shadow by Sherri A. Wingler

Wings of Shadow, Book 2 of The Immortal Sorrows seriesFate can be a cruel, vengeful and jealous monster and never is it more apparent than in Sherri Wingler’s Wings of Shadow. The Angel of Death has found his true mate, just as she lay dying in his arms. Talk about a cruel twist, but has Asher made things worse? What will happen to Izzy now?

Meanwhile, Izzy gets a one way ticket to Hell and an audience with the big guy, himself. What does the Dark One want from her? Guess Hell is more than just an address, because Fate is not done with Izzy yet and a smack down looms, a battle of wills, powers and Fate is willing to play dirty, putting Izzy in a powerless situation. The Great Deceiver has his own plans for Izzy, but is he ready for her hurricane force anger, her “earthy dialogue” and her total lack of “filters?” Hell hath no fury like Izzy on the warpath and when death gets involved, feathers will fly, lava will flow and even Father Time wants in on the action!

Sherri Wingler pulled out all the stops, removed her own filters and let rip with a tale that is non-stop tension and intrigue from page one! And Izzy? Seriously, wasn’t unleashing that girl on Hell a little brutal? Tough, mouthy and willing to face the consequences for it all, Izzy is a heroine’s heroine, for sure, while Asher’s fierce loyalty and sense of honor and love are melt-worthy. Let’s not forget about the brilliance Sherri Wingler displayed in her comic relief characters, talk about unlikely heroes, allies and some pretty amazing “secret weapons." They, too are forces to be reckoned with, quirky one minute and deviously brilliant the next!

Take your sunscreen, a mini fan and a few bottles of water, this trip to the underworld is non-stop from start to finish! Love, loss, vengeance, and the ultimate battle between good and evil and we are there!


No comments:

Post a Comment