Monday, August 24, 2015

Indie Author Linda Andrews Shares Her Thoughts About INDIE 800 - WIN one of her books!


Indie800
An idea whose time has come!
Indie Author Linda Andrews is here to share her thoughts on 
Indie800

I learned to love books from my parents. I don't think this is a unique experience, but the thing I remember most about growing up on the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ is our biweekly trips to the library. I could check out 30 books! 30. Oh the places my imagination would go. And I needed each and every book because I had two weeks to fill. Later, as I earned my own money, I would go to bookstores and buy books from my favorite authors instead of waiting for my name to pop up on the reserved list.
As time passed, I subscribed to book clubs and received books in the mail. I still purchased books at the store but these tended to be at the grocery store, K-mart, and Target. Only every few months would we travel to a bookstore for a book.
Life was too hectic.
I was raising 3 kids and my husband and I worked different shifts so one of us could always be at home for our children. That made our time together sacred. 
That meant I needed to multitask. If I could pick up a book at the grocery store with all the stuff, that's one less trip I needed to make. I saved time. Then the whole Amazon thing started, and what's more efficient than shopping from home while the water boils to make spaghetti.
And bookstores started to close.
Because they're known for selling books and little else. With phones that do more than my first computer in the '80's, I know one reason is because everyone is so into multitasking that anything not multipurpose isn't considered. Even libraries carry more than booksthere's movies, music, audiobooks and computers to search the web. Bookstores haven't adapted to the new paradigm.
Until the Indie800.
When Anna Questerly first told me about her idea, I got that little tingle when you know something good is happening. This combination of bookstore, art gallery, musical revue, classes, and open mic night for readings is amazing. And there's wine, too. This wasn't just a side trip to pick up someone's latest release.
This was a destination stop.
An evening of live entertainment with bonuses of meeting the authors, artists, and musicians. Something along the lines of a trip to the movies, a night at the play, or a concert. Amazon, grocery stores, and discount chains haven't ruined these things. 

Charles Darwin said survival depends on the ability to adapt. And Indie800's plan for their bookstore/cultural center is the next step in evolution

Want More Information about Indie800?
 

 Linda Andrews lives with her husband and three children in Phoenix, Arizona. When she announced to her family that her paranormal romance was to be published, her sister pronounce: "What else would she write? She’s never been normal."

All kidding aside, writing has become a surprising passion. So just how did a scientist start to write paranormal romances? What other option is there when you’re married to romantic man and live in a haunted house?

If you’ve enjoyed her stories or want to share your own paranormal experience feel free to email the author at lindaandrews@lindaandrews.net She’d love to hear from you.


Books by Linda Andrews
Linda has written 45 books of varying genres
See them all Here
 
Love's Great War Series
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24647445-hearts-in-barbed-wire    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24647417-entanglements    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24647518-unmask-my-heart  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24647518-unmask-my-heart   https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24647471-the-christmas-ship
Click on Book Covers for more information!

 

To say thank you for stopping by to learn more about Indie800
Linda is offering a "Winner's Choice" Giveaway

TWO winners will each get to choose one ebook from her 
Love's Great War Series 
Open International
Ends September 7, 2015

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me today! If anyone has questions, I'll be around until the contest ends to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have an Indie800 store nearby! Is the hope to open stores across the country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Indie800 bookstore would be local at first, but we'd love to see it go national

      Delete
  3. Ooh, ghosts and romance -- that romance stuff scares me silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! Linda, is your house really haunted? I've had some weird experiences using a spirit box. Thanks for the giveaway! --Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Our old house was really haunted—complete with voices, moving objects, visions, and appliances switching on and off. Our new house hides things from us.

      Delete
  5. Having an Indie800 store would be amazing! PJBoox is opening up in FL and these are giving Indies the same chance to be discovered by bookstore wanderers that other Brick & Mortars don't offer us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Claudette. we don't have that chain out here.

      Delete
  6. This in my area are not very frequent these books because they are sold only fashionable , I give it a try in my country (Argentina). thanks for the draw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powell's is my favorite bookstore and I'm really lucky to have one nearby. But it's always sad when other bookstore close. Indie800 sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powell's is my favorite bookstore and I'm really lucky to have one nearby. But it's always sad when other bookstore close. Indie800 sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you like to see an Indie800 Store in your area? I would love to see an Indie800 Store in my area. Why? Because we only have one book store in our area and the are really small and don't have any of the Indie authors that I have come to love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much to Linda and Dii for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete