Saturday, September 26, 2015

Beyond The Veil by Pippa DaCosta (The Veil #1)

Beyond The Veil
My Rating: 3 stars

Written by: Pippa DaCosta
Series: The Veil
Sequence in Series: 1
Paperback: 242 pages
Publication Date: February 10, 2014
ISBN-10: 1494242354
ISBN-13: 978-1494242350
Genre: Urban Fantasy




“They say I’m half a demon, but I like to think of myself as half human, especially as the demons want me dead.”

Charlie Henderson is living a lie. Her real name is Muse and her attempt at a normal life is about to go up in smoke.

When a half-demon assassin walks into her life, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake, Muse must return to the one man she hoped never to see again and ask for help. The Prince of Greed isn’t known for his charity. The price is high and the cost could tear her apart.

Trapped between the malevolent intentions of a Prince of Hell, an assassin with ulterior motives and her bloodthirsty demon-kin, Muse must embrace the lure of chaos at her core; the demon inside her, in order to survive.

If your ex is the Prince of Greed, you’d better be ready to raise hell.

Beyond The Veil (The Veil Series, #1)Beyond The Veil by Pippa DaCosta

Half demon, half human hybrid Charlie has lived her life as a slave to Demon kind. With a price on her head, her only benefactor has been the Demon Prince of Greed. She finds herself on a run with hell hounds hot on her trail. Rescued by another half breed, Charlie discovers lies and betrayal come at a devastating cost.

I was very excited to read this new Urban Fantasy, Beyond the Veil. Awesome cover, excellent synopsis, it had all the makings of an incredible read. Quite honestly, I was 100% on board for the first 50% of the book but then it started to take some unusual turns that just didn't work. I'm all for twisty, turning plots but these changes gave it a scattered feeling which inevitably ripped my connection right out of the story.

Great premise, excellent start, but unsure of the plot direction, I'm willing to give book 2 a shot to see where it leads.

I received this copy of Beyond The Veil from Victory Editing in exchange for a honest review.



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review and sharing your thoughts on this book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I had been thinking about getting this book, but wasn't sure. Now I am :)

    ReplyDelete