Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Waves of Reprisal by Malcolm Little

Waves of Reprisal
by Malcolm Little

My rating: 5 stars

Publication Date: June 9, 2015
Publisher: Malcolm Little
Genre: YA Post-Apocalyptic | Dystopian
Print Length: 244 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
 
 Hanyma, a spirited young woman from the remote village of Kepler, is at a crossroads in her life. She wants to explore the unfamiliar, wide-open country outside her croft. But rumblings of dark, inexorable forces terrorizing the sparsely-populated continent dampen her aspirations.

That was before devastation gripped her. Now, driven by a wandering quest for vengeance, the headstrong survivalist struggles to combat a band of vicious marauders while simultaneously trying to comprehend all the strange phenomena discovered amidst ruins of technologically-advanced precursors.

Before long, Hanyma is thrust into circumstances beyond her ability to control, and she must team with an unlikely ally from a far-gone past who is determined to complete a mission of global importance. Whether that mission succeeds or not may well depend on the callow wayfarer from Kepler. Can Hanyma put aside her bloodlust when the fate of humanity beckons? Will it matter when pitted against the crushing weight of a powerful, inscrutable enemy?

 
Waves of Reprisal by Malcolm Little


Waves of ReprisalThis is true Science Fiction fantasy in a dystopian world thousands of years after a nuclear nightmare ended life on Earth as it was known. Gone were the scientific advances, simple appliances, electricity, the few humans left alive began again, as hunter gatherers in a world thrown into the stone ages, once again. Only the most foresighted of scientists had prepared for this possibility, but it would be eons before their plan came to fruition. From page one this saga chronicles the life of one brave young woman who has been left alone in a world of mutated humans, death armies that would plow through each village, leaving death behind.

Hanyma has sworn to avenge her family, this is her story, and the miraculous discoveries she made along the way and the powerful allies she found to help re-build a world almost too far gone to be saved.
Imagine an android, finally awakened and on a mission to bring thousands of clones together with the abilities and knowledge to bring Earth back to its full glory and potential. Are they ready for the vicious world they find? Are they prepared to start from ground zero to bring a civilized world back to life? Enemies will stop at nothing to prevent the rebirth of this world and will stop at nothing to destroy anything and anyone that gets in the way. Only the heart and determination of one young girl can rally both survivors and clones, but is she prepared to have the possible deaths of thousands on her hands?

Waves of Reprisal Malcolm Little is 99% non-stop action, tension and vividly described scenes that will leave you breathless as the battles and rage and their sheer size becomes imprinted in your mind. The remaining 1% is where one gets to catch their breath and unclench their hands. No angst, amazing characters and a well-developed, well-written tale that will leave one hanging on every word. Mr. Little has a hit to share that is most definitely suitable for all readers, from younger YA on up. Keep your eye on Malcolm Little, I’m going to!

I received this copy from Malcolm Little in exchange for my honest review.


1 comment: