Saturday, November 14, 2015

Feel The Burn by G. A. Aiken (Dragonkin #8)

Feel the Burn
My Rating: 5 Stars

Written by: G. A. Aiken
Series: Dragonkin
Sequence in Series: 8
Mass Market Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: Zebra
Publication Date: November 24, 2015
ISBN-10: 1420131613
ISBN-13: 978-1420131611
Genre: Scifi Fantasy

War makes strange bedfellows.

I, Gaius Domitus, one-eyed rebel dragon king of the Provinces, know that better than most, since I have to fight off half my ungrateful family on a regular basis to keep law and order here in my lands. But I never expected to have to consort with a barbarian human woman.

Kachka is beautiful, if you like them fierce—and of course I do. But she keeps complaining about how spoiled and decadent I am, and how a feared Daughter of the Steppes has no time for foolish dragons. I think she likes my eye patch, though. It is quite dashing. With death always at our tails, we take our passion like we take our allies. As they say, love the barbarian you’re with…
Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)Feel the Burn by G.A. Aiken

I just can’t get enough of the Dragonkin.

Feel the Burn is the hilarious story of the one eyed dragon, Gaius and the human warrior, Kachka.

Gaius, a dragon king, in a realm caught in civil war finds himself allying with the dragon Queen against a religious zealot foe lead by an avenging god. So, why does the barbarian warrior, Kachka ignite feelings he never thought he have…especially for a human?

Kachka, daughter of the steps and a ridiculously long name, doesn’t need a man. So why does the self-important dragon King seems to inspire cravings she can’t deny?

Carnage, mayhem and hilarity follow this unlikely band that come together to track down the emanate threat pulling them front and center into a god war.

Straight out, I LOVED Feel the Burn. It’s the perfect mix of gory battles, steamin’ hot encounters, hilarity that will have you belly laughing and suspense that will riveted you to the pages.

There is no doubt about it, G. A. Aiken writes absolutely outrageous, fictions characters that come ALIVE.

I received this ARC copy of Feel the Burn from Kensington Books - Zebra in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication November 24, 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment