Friday, January 15, 2016

The Messenger, Sammael's Lost Memory by Mindy Haig (Glory Prequel)

The Messenger
Sammael's Lost Memory
by Mindy Haig

My rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Breakwater Harbor Books
Publication Date: December 7, 2013
Genre: Paranormal
Print Length: 69 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
Seventeen years was not enough time for my immortal soul to forget the stench of war. My next life had already begun but while it was still in it's infancy, again I heard the message my father plied upon the mortals. Again words of peace and love and brotherhood reached my bitter ears.

Again I was compelled to meet The Messenger.

The year was 1962. The place was Albany, Georgia. I told myself I would not be drawn into this mission. I only wished to see if this was my father's hand at work. What I found was a chance to redeem myself to one I'd wronged many ages ago; the only soul I'd ever met in more than one lifetime. And I embraced that chance. That small redemption meant so much that I even agreed to uphold The Messenger. But there is no limit to the cruelty of my existence.

Now I only wish to forget.

 
The Messenger, Sammael's Lost Memory by Mindy Haig (Glory Prequel)

The Messenger, Sammael's Lost Memory (Glory, Prequel)In an era filled with tension, the quest for inner spiritual peace amidst the racial and political issues of the day, one man will desperately search for redemption from the acts he has committed in the past to another soul. Mindy Haig’s The Messenger will showcase her bold style and ability to hook her readers with a tale of Sammael, an imperfect child of God as he walks the Earth’s plane.

What sins is Sammael looking to atone for? As he struggles with his inner demons, a woman with demons of her own comes into his life, but is it for the first time? His memories are blank, but his desire to be accepted by both Delilah and his God is a yoke of pain he carries. Will his road to redemption be revealed?

Hard to believe this was a novella, the writing is that intense and the atmosphere is that palpable. As a prequel to a larger story continuation, Mindy Haig’s writing is simply magnetic!

I received this copy from Mindy Haig in exchange for my honest review.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read The Messenger Dianne! I really appreciate it. I just wanted to let your readers know that this book is free. It's available at Amazon, B&N and iBooks if your readers are interested. I love writing characters who are different, and Delilah was a really interesting one to write, given her heritage and the era! Thanks again. Mindy

    ReplyDelete