Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Killer by Jessica Gadziala

Killer
by Jessica Gadziala

My rating: 5 stars

Publication Date: March 3, 2016
Publisher: Jessica Gadziala
Genre: Contemporary Romance | Suspense
Print Length: 248 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
Shooter

I ran away when I was fifteen and never looked back. I built a new life: good friends, wild adventures, and an endless parade of gorgeous women. But then I got a call that changed everything; a call that told me it was time to go back and face my demons.

I never thought I'd find an angel along the way...


Amelia

He was the absolute last thing I needed in my life: someone incapable of taking anything seriously, a notorious ladies' man, oh, and did I mention... a killer? As in, he shot people. For a living. Yeah, definitely someone I had no plans on letting in. Except, he set his sights on me and, well, when a man like him laid on the charm, he did it thick and in a way that made you never want him to stop. My only saving grace was that he was only in town for a few days.

But when I found myself in a situation and he was the only one who had any answers, well, let's just say... things got complicated...


* This is a stand-alone with a HEA, but features side characters from "Reign", "Monster", and "Cash"

 
  Killer by Jessica Gadziala

KillerWhen does a deadly killer become a soft and caring man in need of the love of one woman? The answer lies in Jessica Gadziala’s Killer, another gritty and spellbinding look at anti-heroes and what truly lies within their hearts.

They call him Shooter now; he left home after one too many rounds of abuse from his father. Years later, he returns after his father’s death, not sure how to feel about the man and the town he spent years hating. What he wasn’t prepared for was his father’s next door neighbor, a beautiful and innocent young woman who found within his father all that Johnnie never saw, all his father kept hidden behind a bottle of whiskey.

Well-educated in the school of hard-knocks, Amelia has had her share of ups and down, but always she kept her pride and her integrity intact. She’s been used, burned by love and the snarky man who caused her late friend so much pain is the last person she should even care about, but under that hard shell of lethal power and womanizing charm was a boy craving attention, a pat on the back and someone he could truly care about that needed him for more than his “talents.” Yes, there is more to Johnnie than meets the eye, and when Amelia finds herself caught up in some serious trouble, she swallowed her pride and went to the one person who would know what to do.
Sometimes love catches you off guard and sometimes that love makes you want to be a better person, has Johnnie found his reason? Can Amelia find comfort in the arms of a killer?

Jessica Gadziala has not lost her ability to write dark and gritty characters and place them in situations far from the norm for their lives. She knows how to turn a villain into a hero of sorts without judgment or apology. Toning down her writing from previous books, we are given a softer side of her writing while still recognizing her signature style. Definitely a love story, definitely a knight in tarnished armor coming to the aid of his princess, even bad boys need love and good girls need to be loved in return. Life damages and warps people, love can make them whole again.

I received an ARC edition from the author, Jessica Gadziala, in exchange for my honest review.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment