Thursday, March 17, 2016

Shadow Rites by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #10)

Shadow Rites

My Rating:




Written by: Faith Hunter
Series: Jane Yellowrock
Sequence in Series: Book 10
Mass Market Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Roc
Publication date: April 5, 2016
ISBN-10: 0451465970
ISBN-13: 978-0451465979
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Rites-Ja...


Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shado...

Synopsis:
Slaying vampires is child’s play for skinwalker Jane Yellowrock. But handling the complicated politics of New Orleans’ supernatural players is another story...

Jane is keeping the peace between visiting groups of witches and vamps in the city, but then trouble comes knocking on her doorstep. When her house is magically attacked, the wild chase to find her assailants unearths a mystery that has literally been buried deep.

A missing master vampire, presumed long deceased, is found chained in a pit...undead, raving mad, and in the company of two human bodies. Now it’s up to Jane to find out who kept the vampire hidden for so long and why, because the incident could tip already high supernatural tensions to an all-out arcane war.

My Review:
Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)Shadow Rites by Faith Hunter

Jane once again is caught up in a magical mystery. There has been random magical attacks made against Jane’s household and spells placed on powerful allies that cause them to randomly attack. Jane and her crew must unravel the mysterious magic users plot before their plans come to fruition.

Meanwhile, a master that has assumed dead is found tortured and barely alive. Who is behind the master’s entrapment?

Once again, we are provided with a meaty mystery that you can really sink your teeth into. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all mystery. There is a lot of action, a healthy layer of romantic heat and plenty interaction with the family of main players we’ve come to love.

If Faith Hunter writes it, I’ll be reading it. It really is that simple. She writes complex characters that grow and evolve. She builds amazing worlds were the fantasy becomes reality and vampires, magic and mayhem live alongside the cities and places you know. She is a brilliant writer with a magical pen, that is my take and I’m sticking to it.

Ten full length novels and this series is still going strong.

I received this ARC copy of Shadow Rites in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication April 5, 2016. Don't Miss Tome Tender's tour stop March 21, 2016.

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start reading this series. I was going to wait until the last book, but it looks really interesting, so I might start sooner. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April cannot get here quick enough. I absolutely this series. Faith Hunter is by far my favorite author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I love Faith Hunter for the same reasons you do! I can't wait to read Shadow Rites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "If Faith Hunter writes it, I’ll be reading it. It really is that simple"
    That's it exactly!
    I love the Skinwalker series. Jane draws you straight in and only lets you back out when she's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving us another perspective on the book we are all SO waiting to get! Thanks also for hosting this part of the blog tour for Shadow Rites.

    Pauline E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jane SO MUCH. I can't believe this series hasn't faded after 10 books. The writing is so solid and the characters are likable and fun to read about. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most accurate description of how I feel: If Faith Hunter writes it, I’ll be reading it. It really is that simple

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excitedly awaiting publication in just over 2 weeks. YES! Good review, too. Thanks. Alisha

    ReplyDelete