Friday, April 1, 2016

Metamorphosis by Brianna West (Promiscus Guardians, #2)

Metamorphosis
by Brianna West

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Promiscus Guardians - Book 2
Publisher: Brianna West; 1 edition (January 8, 2016)
Publication Date: January 8, 2016
ISBN-13: 9781522847748
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Print Length: 320 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
After managing to escape their last foe, Izzy and Lucas are back to face a new formidable villain that will test their strength, relationship, and even the collaboration of the incredibly powerful, entirely hilarious group of Promiscus Guardians.

Despite the odds stacking against them, Izzy maintains her diligence on honing her powers, delving deeper into her origins, and enjoying her incredibly delicious boss slash beau, Lucas.

A continuation of the Promiscus Guardians series, Metamorphosis delivers more fantastical creatures, a sordid amount of humor coupled with fast, incredibly riveting action. Mysteries are unraveled while more about the world Izzy lives in is unveiled in this highly anticipated addition.

 
 Metamorphosis by Brianna West (Promiscus Guardians, #2)

Oh no, Izzy has NOT just gone from the frying pan into the fire, has she? Izzy is clearly a trouble magnet, everyone wants her because she is “special,” including her sort-of husband’s Mommy Dearest, and you know how Mothers-in-law can be. She will stop at nothing to get her hands on Izzy, including playing with her heart, tricking her into walking through the gates of hell.

Meanwhile, Mr. Hot Vampire-Angel, Lucas is being rather a Neanderthal about Izzy and is going out of his way to “protect” her, even if it is thwarting her attempting to control her powers and utilize them to their maximum benefit.

Even the Head honcho Angel Guardians are looking out for Izzy, and yes, this includes ever so flaming hot Victor. Not that Izzy doesn’t believe that ALL Guardians must pass the flaming hotness tests, but what is she doing being a guardian in training among the calendar worthy supernaturals?

Izzy is changing, her powers are growing, morphing and she must learn to get them under control or fear going over to the dark side. The more pressure she feels (nice job, Lucas) the more erratic her powers are and the lower her self-confidence level goes. Desperate to learn more of her history, our girl perseveres and even in the face of a possible war with baby vampires, and with the world depending on her, she never fails to keep up the snark!

Has Brianna West let her characters run amok in Metamorphosis or has she cleverly guided them along the plotline while giving their dialogue free rein? I should be ashamed, laughing so much as the eternal battle between good and evil is ratcheting up to zero hour, but, really, Izzy is a gem and her mouth and thoughts are priceless. Prepare to get to know the characters better, too, every single quirky one of them, and then remember the fate of the world is on their shoulders. YIKES!

Bet you thought I wasn’t going to talk heat factor, once again, in the middle of turmoil, Izzy and Lucas had me fanning myself, often. Then I asked myself, I wonder who is better, Vampire Lucas or Angel Lucas, I know, shame on me, again. Any hotter and I would have combusted! Another fabulous read by Brianna West, whose own mind must be the ultimate playground!

I received this copy from Brianna West in exchange for my honest review.



 

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing review, and you wrote it soooo well. Had me laughing. Thank you for taking time to read my books. I'm forever YOUR fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You had me laughing,or should I say, Izzy had me laughing! Love that girl!

      Delete