Sunday, April 10, 2016

Snow Bunny: Chronicles of a Wererabbit by M. Y. Zeman, Jason Moser (Illustrator)

Snow Bunny:
Chronicles of a Wererabbit
by M. Y. Zeman


Publisher: F. B. Publishing (March 21, 2016)
Publication Date: March 21, 2016
Genre: Coming of Age | Children's Fantasy
Print Length: 230 pages
Available from: Amazon

 
My name is Snow and I am a wererabbit. I thought my fate was to die in a lab until one stormy night a vampire saved my life and became my dad. Ever since I was young I've dreamed of being a hero. Saving Josh, a teenage werewolf was a good first step.
But the road ahead of me is full of unexpected twists and turns.
Things got scary when we brought Josh home. If my early years were like a Disney movie, my teenage years could best be described as an original Grimm fairy tale. It started with the nightmares we had to wake Josh up from when he began screaming in the dark.

  
 Snow Bunny: Chronicles of a Wererabbit by M. Y. Zeman
Snow Bunny: Chronicles of a WererabbitM.Y. Zeman tells a delightful, action filled tale of a young wererabbit with a unique family and the pluck to look out for others when they are in danger. Snow Bunny: Chronicles of a Wererabbit is the perfect paranormal fantasy for middlegrade readers with just the right touch of tension without gore that allows the reader to fall into a world one can only dream of!

Meet Snow, a fourteen year old wererabbit in a family unit consisting of two vampires as her parental figures and strong character role models. She has always wanted to be the hero she sees her father as and now is her chance. Josh is a teen werewolf held prisoner in an evil lab, drugged to prevent his change, stuck in his human form. Will rescuing him prove to be a good thing or will it bring the wrath of evil down on them? Can Josh overcome the drugs in his system and change again? The danger surrounding them will necessitate a move, but wait until you discover where they move to!

Endearing characters, nothing too dark or foreboding and a twist in family dynamics that is handled with ease. The perfect way to show a child that everyone is different, but love never fails. Cute reading for younger readers. Perhaps the background provided by the first book in this series would be a vital prerequisite to enjoying and being caught up for this tale, as this does not read as a stand alone.

I received this copy from M.Y. Zeman in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment