Sunday, June 26, 2016

Karma by Nadine Nightingale (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1)

Karma
by Nadine Nightingale

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Drag.Me.To.Hell. - Book 1
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press, Inc (May 4, 2016)
Publication Date: May 4, 2016
ISBN-13: 2940157776381
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
Print Length: 276 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
People call me all sorts of names—bad girl, black sheep, and my all-time favorite...Satan’s bride. I could blame the fact I’m a witch for my behavior, but the truth is I’m infuriating, arrogant, and stab-worthy.

Alex Remington is a hunter and everything I’m not—righteous, honest, caring. We used to have a thing, but that was before he learned I’m a witch and tried to kill me.

Eighteen months later, he’s back in my life and we have a deal; I’ll help him save his brother and he’ll disappear from my life for good. But karma can be a real bitch…

 
Karma by Nadine Nightingale (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1)

Karma (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1)Gotta love a woman who knows exactly who and what she is. Amanda is a witch, she is also snarky, headstrong, bull-headed and infuriating. To hear her talk, those are her good points, and she wears each description like a badge of honor, and oh yes, do NOT make her mad, you could see her bad side.

Alex, on the other hand, is almost a saint by comparison, or maybe a loyal and trustworthy pet. He also happens to be a Hunter for the FBI in the Paranormal Division, which makes him Amanda’s enemy of sorts, if you consider going from her lover to trying to kill her upon discovering she was a witch, a flaw.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be for him to come to Amanda and ask for her help and trust me he needs it badly. His brother is in big trouble, HUGE trouble and only a witch with Amanda’s powers can help him, plus deep down, beneath his rather arse-like attitude, he knows the real Amanda and still cares for her, which I completely understand.

Little do these two know what they will be up against and how dangerous their mission will be. If they don’t kill each other first, this quest could prove deadly, very deadly. Meanwhile Amanda is being haunted and it is giving her nightmares...can you say, "The plot thickens?"

Karma by Nadine Nightingale is their story as they battle their thoughts of the past, their hidden emotions and will do anything to needle the other to distraction. When push comes to shove, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Nadine Nightingale has nailed this one dead on with pure entertainment, action and attitude throughout! Amanda is a priceless gem in the strong heroine department and Alex pretty much walks away with the jerk award and yet, their juvenile behavior is the perfect comic relief to the serious quest they are. Ms. Nightingale is an author to watch with her ability to lay it out there, create characters that you want to put in time out and then still have enough creative juice to build a plot that is riveting! Definitely one for the hidden gem pile, just be careful of the razor sharp edges on this one!

I received this copy from Nadine Nightingale in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment