Saturday, June 4, 2016

We Shouldn't And Yet... by Stephanie Witter

We Shouldn't And Yet...
by Stephanie Witter

My rating: 3.5 stars

Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Publisher: Stephanie Witter
Genre: Romantic Erotica
Print Length: 244 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
What happens when you’re attracted to the wrong person?

AIDEEN

I didn't expect to feel so drawn to my best friend’s father when I first meet him.
It’s unexplainable and most of all, it’s unexpected. He drinks too much, is rough around the edges, and is so obviously into casual sex and nothing more, but there’s just something about him that calls out to me.
I’ve thought my heart was battered beyond repair, but maybe I have been wrong.

"There was something so sexual, so carnal, so intense in the way Jensen looked at me.’’

JENSEN

She is my son’s best friend and I know he wants more, but I can't help it. Whenever she is around or her name is mentioned I’m turned on. I’m not used to denying myself to feeling so strongly for a woman so young, but she gets me.
I can’t do a damn thing to stop these feelings.
No amount of alcohol helps.
I didn’t think it could be possible to feel so drawn to a woman, but it looks like I have been dead wrong.

"I want her to want me just as madly as I do her.’’

They shouldn’t and yet…
They can’t resist each other.

 
We Shouldn't And Yet... by Stephanie Witter

We Shouldn't And Yet...Hal was her best friend and he had a crush on her, but Aideen found another man who stole her heart, mind and played her body like a finely tuned harp. It happens, right? He loves her, she loves the other guy. What if that “other guy” were your absentee father, the one you just connected with, the one with more demons than Hell?

Jensen is sixteen years older than Aideen, who at twenty-two has seen little of life, but has had her heart broken before. Jensen has seen his share of war and the after effects, but their chemistry is explosive, carnal and is growing into so much more. Could this be the balm they both need to sooth their pain? Maybe keeping it from Hal was a bad idea, and to that I say, “Gee, ya think?” I was never comfortable with how they handled their growing relationship, as far as Hal went.

Stephanie Witter tells the story of two hearts who find an erotic dream come true in the arms of each other. We Shouldn’t and Yet… is a raw tale of mistakes, deceit and overcoming self-imposed obstacles to enjoying the love and passion of another. Her characters are earthy and damaged, but their consciences override their need for honesty in their passionate throes of lust and love. Who will be hurt in the end? Who has the healthiest outlook on their relationship? Are they ready for the future before them?

Far beneath the surface, there are messages in this tale, and hope for the future where there wasn’t any before.

I received an ARC edition from Stephanie Witter in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment