Saturday, August 6, 2016

Make Me Stay by M.E. Gordon

Make Me Stay
by M.E. Gordon

My rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Black Opal Books (July 7, 2016)
Publication Date: July 7, 2016
ISBN-10: 1626944822
ISBN-13: 978-1626944824
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Print Length: 290 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 
Caroline:


When someone says “Make me stay” in the most dramatic, love-sick kind of way, most people think it sounds desperate, weak, or needy. I, for one, think it sounds like all of the above! I’m not stupid, and I sure as heck am not desperate. In fact, I’m the complete opposite of weak. I’ve lived my live with a steel trap around my heart, and I don’t need anyone—especially a man. So how in the hell did a wannabe rock star get me to say those three words…make me stay?


Kane:


One-woman man? You’ve got to be joking. I was a rock god…in a bar…in a small town…eh, details. I was getting women like I was their gift from God. I was going to make it big. My band and I were going to bust out of Small Town, USA, and we were going to knock the panties off every woman in sight. So, when I caught some sexy groupie touching my baby…my beautiful guitar, did I want to test those waters? Hell, yes! But did I want to be a one-woman man? Hell, no! But after that, all I knew was that I wanted to make her stay.

 
Make Me Stay by M.E. Gordon

Make Me StayAhhh, love, romance and that sticky-sweet feeling you get when you find the one that makes your heart flutter, so maybe that wasn’t the first feelings Caroline and Kane felt, maybe it was annoyance, or like putting bamboo shoots under your fingernails? Get ready for Make Me Stay a rockstar romance that is sooooo much more than guitar riffs and groupies, well, okay, there were a lot of groupies. M.E. Gordon has NAILED one humorous, heartbreaking and frustrating read all in one!

Caroline has come to the middle of nowhere to help her father out for the summer in his bar, B.J.’s, yep and one never leaves unhappy, either. Being a waitress in a bar is NOT what she went to college for, she wanted the tension and lights of New York City and the six-figure job she just knew was waiting for her. Let’s just say Caroline has some baggage, she does not do relationships, period. Until she touch his guitar, his prized possession and Kane went off like a roman candle, insulted that a mere groupie would defile his baby. What he got back was not a shivering and quivering female in awe of his awesomeness. He got a woman who is not afraid to stand up and all a jerk a jerk and give him a few blows to body parts that should have sent him packing. How could he know this gorgeous hellcat with the beautiful everything was the bar owner’s daughter? And as they say, “But wait! There’s MORE!”

Indeed there is, passion, fireworks, major miscommunications, heartbreak and electrifying and all-consuming sex, well, if they can stop arguing for two minutes. Mr. Womanizer Manwhore does One Night Stands, only. Ms. I Am Woman doesn’t’ want to lose herself in a man, and forget her own identity.

Settle in for an afternoon of fun reading with heat! M.E. Gordon has characters to die for, humor to laugh at and one heroine with attitude, snark, a mean right hook and the biggest independent streak ever known to humankind. Exactly what draws Kane in, makes him forget his stable of bed-partners and breaks his heart into a million pieces. Things don’t look good for our heroes, but maybe it’s true you can love someone but it doesn’t mean you are good for each other. Or maybe you don’t know what you’ve lost ‘til it’s gone. Just read it! You’ll thank M.E. Gordon when you are done!

I received this copy from M.E. Gordon in exchange for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment