Saturday, September 10, 2016

Craving Beauty by Jennifer Silverwood (Wylder Tales #1)

Craving Beauty

My Rating:

Written by: Jennifer Silverwood
Series: Wylder Tales
Paperback: 240 pages
Publication Date: October 22, 2015
ISBN-10: 1517701961
ISBN-13: 978-1517701963
Genre: Dark Fantasy

Vynasha has spent the last four years tending her mother's roses and looking after her nephew. The fire that killed their family has left her scarred and put Wyll on the brink of death. Soon the first frost will come down from the mountains and she knows this winter will be his last.

Until a strange beggar appears on the road, telling her of the majikal Source that can heal her Wyll. With nothing left to lose, Vynasha braves the forbidden Wylder Mountains to seek out a cure and her fate.

A lost kingdom is uncovered by an equally lost girl, but the castle is not abandoned as she believes. Shadows cloaking unseen eyes watch. Tapestries whisper from the hidden corners, wondering if the one to break their curse has come. And a hungry beast waits, ready to devour her soul.

Craving Beauty (A Wylder Tale #1)Craving Beauty by Jennifer Silverwood

Shifters.
Cursed Castle.
A young girl fighting to save her brother.
A retake on Beauty and the Beast
The synopsis describes the plot and in the end gave me a guideline to the book.

Don’t get me wrong, Craving Beauty was a tale scribed with vivid beauty and descriptive writing that made the world building simply amazing. The imagination behind the concept was also superb. But then came the plot. I liked the overall idea of the tale but felt it was all over the place. So many open ends that just hung out there, I felt like I was missing something vital to make me understand. I kept wanting to see who the prince was, why where they cursed and who is the woman in mirror world. Then the tale was done I still didn’t understand.

To say the story ends in a cliffhanger would be an understatement. There has to be more but right now I was so frustrated, I didn’t want to go on.

I received this copy of Craving Beauty from Jennifer Silverwood in exchange for a honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment