Saturday, September 24, 2016

Lead Heart by Jane Washington (Seraph Black #3)

Lead Heart
by Jane Washington

My rating: 4.5 stars

Series: Seraph Black - Book 3
Publication Date: September 23, 2016
Publisher: Jane Washington
Genre: YA Fantasy/Suspense
Print Length: 317 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
“The paint dripped off me like a liquid coat and I inhaled the toxic fumes, sucking the undiluted scent into my lungs. My pupils dilated as I sank into the vision of a pain so absolute, it went beyond pain. It should have rendered me unconscious, it should have affected my ability, it felt like it should have killed me. As it was, the pain distracted me so badly that I was unable to focus on any other details. I painted turquoise wounds that wept turquoise blood onto the paper floor, and when I was finished, I painted more. I painted the walls, the floor, the back of the door and the boarded-up windows. I covered the room in wounds and fumes, and then I curled up in the middle of the mess, weeping my heart into my paint-covered hands.”

The past few months have reduced Seraph Black to a permanent state of fight, and now it is all that she knows. She is fighting her friends and family to go off on a suicide mission to rescue Silas, she is fighting the fragmented memories that clamour for recognition inside her mind, and she is fighting a guilt so magnificent… it might just force her to betray the very people that have sacrificed so much to keep her safe.

She had asked for space, and it had been given to her in the most heart-rending of ways, leaving only one of the four brothers remaining by her side.

Miro Quillan is her last hope.

Without him, she may never get her pairs back.  

 
Lead Heart by Jane Washington (Seraph Black #3)

Lead Heart (Seraph Black #3)You know what I like about reading a series? YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE IT IS GOING UNTIL YOU GET THERE IN THE NEXT BOOK. Jane Washington is piling on the angst, the heartaches, the secrets and the twists, as well as the reveals and I can honestly say, I did not see THAT coming! Lead Heart continues Seraph’s story, giving Seph another piece of the puzzle that is her past.

While there are no puppy piles, Seraph is bonded to four men, some of them missing bits and pieces of their memories, enough to forget about the bond. And about that bond, are the dynamics changing? Is romance creeping into the once platonic bond? Is it possible to feel more for one than the rest?

Hang on tight, Jane Washington is carving her way through some humorous and heart-wrenching moments, all while keeping the throttle wide open on the action, physical, emotional and mental. Seraph is growing as a person, she is coming of age and becoming more aware of her effect on those around her, as well as how she feels towards them. Great characters, secrets revealed and questions answered as the twisted web tightens and Seraph steps up to the challenge.

I received this copy from Jane Washington in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment