Tuesday, October 11, 2016

It's a Fugly Life (Fugly #2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

It's a Fugly Life
by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Fugly - Book 2
Publisher: Mimi Boutique (October 11, 2016)
Publication Date: October 11, 2016
Genre: Romantic Comedy
 
HE’S PERFECT FOR HER IN EVERY WAY, EXCEPT FOR ONE SMALL ISSUE. HE’S TOO LATE.

My name is Lily Snow. And I was once the kind of ugly that turned heads and made people stare. The worst part was how I let it ruin my life and destroy my relationship with the love of my life: Maxwell Cole, one of the sexiest, wealthiest, enigmatic men on the planet. All because I felt ugly and certainly not good enough for a man’s love.
But not anymore.

One car wreck, three reconstructive surgeries, and some unexpected money have changed my life.

I’ve started my own company, I’ve finally learned to like myself—not love, but like (hey, it’s a journey)—and I’ve met a wonderful new man who’s helped me put Max in the past where he belongs.

There’s only one problem: after six long months, Maxwell Cole is back, asking for the one thing I can’t give him. And he’s not taking no for an answer.  

 
 It's a Fugly Life (Fugly #2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff 
It's a Fugly Life (Fugly, #2)Leave it to Mimi Jean Pamfiloff to take some heartrending moments and find humor in being human! Lily is in a love/hate relationship with herself where she has settled on a tremulous ceasefire. The love of her life destroyed her fragile self-acceptance and her belief in happy-ever-afters which led to drastic changes in both Lily and her life, including a hot Italian actor she just might be in love with. Lily has opened her own boutique, picking up the shattered pieces of her life and desperately trying to move forward, in spite of the potholes and detours, mostly of her own internal making.

The emotional patch job she did on herself is about to be shredded to bits as Max, in all of his gorgeous glory comes back into her life, a man almost on his knees begging her to take him back, but Lily isn’t a sure thing anymore and Max is going to have to do more than stand there looking gorgeous, offering the best sex of her life if he is to have any chance of winning her back. Come on, the guy is used to having his looks and charm open doors (and other things)for him, so when Lily said no to even becoming his business partner, let alone his life partner, let’s just say, let the games begin!

It’s a Fugly Life is so much more than another witty, humorous and hot look at romance and all of its trials and tribulations! Hidden beneath all the quirky situations, humor, self-flagellation and testosterone is a tale of self-acceptance and strength, change and true, if flawed love. Yes, really and I loved it!

In true “Mimi” style, Ms. Pamfiloff makes human failings and hang-ups come to life with humor and heart! I absolutely love Lily, she is real, she is a mish-mash of humanity at its most vulnerable who puts on her big girl panties and struggles to learn to be who she is, what she is and take what she wants…of course, keeping those panties on gets a little tough and admitting what she wants isn’t so easy either! Face it, It’s a Fugly Life but everyone has a fascinating story to share!

I received an ARC edition from Mimi Jean Pamfiloff in exchange for my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment