Wednesday, October 12, 2016

King of the Castle A.J. Gallant (Braeden the Barbarian Book 2)

King of the Castle
by A. J. Gallant

My rating: 2 stars

Series: Braeden the Barbarian - Book 2
Publication Date: September 30, 2016
Publisher: A.J. Gallant
Genre: Fantasy
Print Length: 235 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
“Dragons, wizards, magical horses and romance, this book has it all.”
King of the Castle is book 2 of the epic fantasy series Braeden the Barbarian. Word has escaped their borders about the fantastical castle and the invaders are on the way. And who is that beautiful vixen from another realm? Is she friend or foe?

 
King of the Castle A.J. Gallant
(Braeden the Barbarian Book 2)

King of the Castle (Braeden the Barbarian Book 2)I always know I can count on A.J. Gallant for quirky, out-of-the-box tales that are entertaining, filled with unique characters and in settings that feel magical. This time out, King of the Castle the second book in the Braeden the Barbarian series didn’t quite hit the mark for me. Sure, there were quirky characters including a whining dragon without fire, but throughout the slapstick or raunchy quips went beyond funny or smirk worthy. What could have been a completely entertaining.

A.J. Gallant normally does an excellent job creating an atmosphere that is fun, but this time out, from the female dragon to the female warriors, I had this feeling I needed to wash after reading this, hoping beyond hope that some politically correct reader doesn’t take A.J. to task for his multitude of off-color sentiments from each male character, including a dragon. Yeah, yeah, I know, locker room talk…

I received this copy from A.J. Gallant in exchange for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment