Thursday, November 17, 2016

Cover Reveal WILDER by Lena North

WILDER
Book One - Birds of a Feather Series
Expected Release December 14, 2016
PRE - ORDER FROM AMAZON
Wilder’s wonderful grandfather is dead, and so is her mother, but Grandpa Willy gives her one final gift – the knowledge that her father is only her step-father.

Once she meets Hawker, the scary man who turns out to be her real dad, her life takes an unexpected turn. She finds out about a heritage she never knew she had, and secrets from the past are uncovered as she fights to save her part of the world from destruction.

And then there’s Mac, with his green eyes and a soft voice that flows through her like sweet honey. He’s there to help Wilder when she needs it the most, and as she struggles with how to fit into the group of people around her dad - having Mac in her life becomes more important with every bad thing that happens.

“Wilder” is the first in the Birds of a Feather series and a spin-off from the Dreughan trilogy. It’s set in modern time and can be read stand-alone.



 
“Dad,” I said softly, and that single word cut through the ugly mood.
Slowly, Hawker tilted his head down to look at me. I thought that his face softened a little, so I got up on my toes and leaned in.
“Are there still dragons?” I breathed into his ear, so softly that only he would hear.
He had leaned down a bit, but at my question, he straightened again, so quickly I took a step back. Mac caught me around the waist again and pulled me into his chest to steady me.
Hawker looked down at the arm, but he didn’t seem angry anymore.
“Shit, Wilder,” he rumbled. “You give me more gray hair with each day, you know that, right?”
I looked at him, standing there in torn jeans and a super cool, faded black tee with a blood red print announcing to the world that he was wild as if anyone would doubt that. There wasn’t a single gray hair in his pitch black hair that I could see. He did not look old enough to be my father, and I did the math quickly. My mother was thirty-eight when she passed away. Hawker looked younger than that, but it would have made him around fifteen when I was born. That didn’t sound right.
“How old are you?” I asked, and he burst out laughing.
“Really, Wilder?” he asked.
“What?”
“How’s your foot?” he asked.
“Wh –”
“We’ll take a little walk,” he announced, cutting me off.
I chuckled, because the Hawker I was getting to know was back, and he was annoying, but it was also familiar.
“I’m on my bike, meet you at your house,” he announced.
Then he simply sauntered out of the bar.
“Okay,” I said to the door as it slammed shut behind him.


The proper way to put it here would probably be to describe how I love to play with our two big dogs, how much I adore my fantastic daughters and how much I love to read.

Another way would be to use my imagination and then I would be a super powerful warrior woman, think Xena the warrior princess (though with less tacky clothes). Or when I think of it, maybe I’m actually more of a Hercule Poirot (sans the suit and moustache). Or maybe I’m like Aragorn, strong and cool and then I might get to meet Gandalf! Or I could be Bella’s pretty cousin and snap Jacob up in a second (yeah, I’m so not team Edward), or wait, maybe I could be like one of them heroines in historical novels who swoon all the time. I’ve always wanted to swoon…

Well, I guess you get how my mind is working (or not working, some say).

Anyways, I like to write. Stories, adventures, romantic and happy stuff mixed up with sorrow and hardship, and bit of laughter here and there because the way I see it – life is way too short to go around feeling grumpy.

Connect with Lena North

Want to see MORE great reading from Lena North? 
Click HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment