Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tsunami Crimes by Chrys Fey (Disaster Crimes, #3)

Tsunami Crimes
by Chrys Fey

My rating: 5 stars

Disaster Crimes - Book 3
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press, Inc (January 20, 2017)
Publication Date: January 20, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Available from: Amazon

Beth and Donovan have come a long way from Hurricane Sabrina and the San Francisco earthquake. Now they are approaching their wedding day and anxiously waiting to promise each other a lifetime of love. The journey down the aisle isn’t smooth, though, as they receive threats from the followers of the notorious criminal, Jackson Storm. They think they’ll be safe in Hawaii, but distance can’t stop these killers. Not even a tsunami can.

This monstrous wave is the most devastating disaster Beth has ever faced. It leaves her beaten, frightened. Is she a widow on her honeymoon? As she struggles to hold herself together and find Donovan, she’s kidnapped by Jackson's men.

Fearing her dead, Donovan searches the rubble and shelters with no luck. The thought of her being swept out to sea is almost too much for him to bear, but the reality is much worse. She’s being used as bait to get him to fall into a deadly trap.
If they live through this disaster, they may never be the same again.

 
Tsunami Crimes by Chrys Fey (Disaster Crimes, #3)

Tsunami Crimes (Disaster Crimes #3)They met during a deadly Hurricane, survived a San Franciscan earthquake and through it all, found love. Beth and Donovan are getting married and a honeymoon in Hawaii is just what these two need after all they have been through. Their marital bliss may be short-lived as the infamous Jackson Storm has issued a kill order that cannot be cancelled. Maybe being thousands of miles away will be their safe harbor as the beaches and the surf in Hawaii calls to them.

Storm has it out for both of them and he plans on getting his revenge, even from prison and in the underbelly of life money not only talks, but it screams like a banshee to those who will heed the call. Maybe using Beth as a non-police decoy wasn’t such a great call, but women are being victimized, brutalized and murdered and Beth is determined to end their nightmares that she, too, knows too well. In Hawaii, while doing what the tourists do, then discovering they have been tracked down and must run again, who could imagine that only the timing of the deadly surge could save them from a bullet, only to offer them a watery grave. What if they are separated? Will they both survive only to once again, play hide ‘n’ seek with monsters of the human variety?

Chrys Fey is back with another thriller pitting Donovan and Beth against more than just the deadly throes of Mother Nature. One tough, yet amazingly intuitive woman and her ever protective husband and lover will once again, stand up to the evil that threatens all they have. TSUNAMI CRIMES is fast-paced, and Ms. Fey’s ability to bring the internal fight for survival during a rogue tsunami to life is frighteningly realistic. I actually thought about what would go through my head, what I think just seeing disaster footage on television and I felt I was there, in the water, being thrown viciously about, powerless and at the mercy of fate.

Beth and Donovan are a darling team together. I must say, Donovan is the more level-headed of the two, and his fierce need to keep Beth safe will be tested sorely. A great tale of intrigue, evil and the power of nature, of course, Beth is a force to be reckoned with, herself!
I received this copy from Chrys Fey in exchange for my honest review.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dii, for reviewing Tsunami Crimes so quickly! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds fascinating and full of my kind of life or death, edge of your seat, nail biting,up all night ... " just gonna read one more chapter," suspense. I've never been in a tsunami, but after the floods from Katrina, I have a new respect for Mother Nature. The smallest storm now causes me such anxiety and major storms send me into full blown panic attacks. I wouldn't make a very good protagonist in your book - LOL! I can't wait to read it though. I'm really looking forward to it. And the setting is the icing on the cake. Oh and the romance, I guess that would be the cherry on top. I'm a little sleep deprived from NaNo on the eve of Thanskgiving so you'll have to forgive my multitude of cheesy cliches- please. I'm truly trying to say how excited I am about your new book. Congrats. From the review I just read, you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete