Saturday, December 31, 2016

Three Dead Men by Calvin Demmer

Three Dead Men
by Calvin Demmer

My rating: 3 stars

Publication Date: December 22, 2016
Publisher: Calvin Demmer
Genre: Suspense | Paranormal
Print Length: 16 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
When college student Maiko Hayashi goes to pick her uncle up for Christmas Eve dinner, she isn’t expecting a silent house with no lights on, and she definitely isn’t expecting the terrifying scenario she's about to walk into.

 
Three Dead Men by Calvin Demmer

Three Dead MenHer uncle’s normally bright and welcoming house was dark, silent and her uncle was nowhere to be found. Maiko soon discovered the reason even as her uncle begged her to run, fast and far from behind a closed door. A collector of ancient artifacts for both the stories they can tell and the beauty of the past, this time out, three of his artifacts came to life, deadly, feral and terrifying. For Maiko it is fight or die and with the honor and safety of her Oriental heritage on the line, she can do no less than to do battle with the walking undead, using her own family’s ancient and treasured artifact. Can she win against three monsters from hell?

This time out, Calvin Demmer brings us THREE DEAD MEN another short tale of darkness. Mr. Demmer is a master at packaging a brief, yet complete tale into just a few minutes’ read, but this time, I couldn’t sit back and feel that, “Okay, I’m satisfied,” feeling. For me, THREE DEAD MEN was like a cold dinner with NO dessert! I suppose I have been spoiled by this author, so I am probably overreacting with my underwhelmed feeling.

I received this copy from Calvin Demmer in exchange for my honest review.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to You, Dii. Hope your 2017 is the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hebby! Hope your New YEAR is filled with joy!

      Delete