Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ray of Light (Ray #1) by E.L. Todd

Ray of Light
by E.L. Todd

Series: Ray - Book 1
Publisher: Fallen Publishing (January 3, 2017)
Publication Date: January 3, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Print Length: 336 pages
My brother is an idiot. He won the lottery and invested all of his money in a run-down bowling alley. Since he’s barely making it, he moved in with me.
Great.
Having him around the house isn’t the worst thing in the world, but he does make a mess like nobody’s business. My friends Zeke, Jessie, and Kayden keep me sane but there’s only so much they can do.
And it’s definitely not the worst thing in the world when his old friend, Ryker, moves to town.
The second I lay eyes on him, I’m hot under the collar. He makes my body burn in longing and freeze in desperation at the exact same time. When he talks, I don’t listen to anything he says because I’m staring at that hard jaw and those kissable lips like I already own them.
But he’s a bed hopper. A playboy. A heartbreaker.
I’m all down for some hot, sweaty, yummy sex even if it doesn’t have a fairy tale ending. I’ve been down that road before. I know the drill. But with Ryker, it’s different.
Because I know I’ll fall in love with him.
For now, I’ll steer clear of him and keep my hands to myself. It can’t be that hard, right?
Or can it?

 
Ray of Light (Ray #1) by E.L. Todd

Siblings, you can’t pick ‘em, but you just have to love them, in spite of themselves. To watch Rae and Rex together is like watching a slice of reality, because in the end, right or wrong, all they want is what is best for each other. This time, though, Rae wishes her big brother would just butt out and let her swoon over his old buddy Ryker, hot, sexy, Ryker.

Settle in for a few laughs, a few eye rolls and few moments when you can barely get enough oxygen as Rae and Ryker practically burn down the house with their heat and passion. E.L. Todd can write, no doubt about it! Ms. Todd puts a special zing into everything she touches with her pen and RAY OF LIGHT is no exception!

A quirky and loyal group of friends, a brother struggling with a new business, clueless as to how to resuscitate it and Ryker, a masculine hunk of passion who knows how to take Rae to the moon and back.

Feel like one of the gang as they banter back and forth, enjoy life and stand together when the going gets tough. Told through both Rae and Rex’s point of view, this fresh and furious tale of love and friendship, family and loyalties is a fun romance that takes a while to get off the ground, but when it does, can you say, “We have lift-off?”

So, how does Rae help out her over-protective brother, juggle her own schedule, find time for friends, heal her broken heart, enjoy the temptations Ryker offers without ending up with a broken heart and learn to trust again? Sometimes life has a way of working things out for the best, maybe its Rae’s turn to live life in the fast lane, who knows what lies ahead?

I received this copy from E.L. Todd in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment