Thursday, February 9, 2017

Riot (Scarred Souls #4) by Tillie Cole

Riot
by Tillie Cole

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Scarred Souls - Book 4
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (March 7, 2017)
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Print Length: 304 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

BRUTAL. INTENSE. PASSIONATE. THE WORLD OF THE SCARRED SOULS.

They call me 901. I am a monster, a killer, a champion. In the blood pit I am a god. I have no name, no family, and no identity. When master says fight, I fight…until I am the only one left standing. I have one goal, to fight so well that I am freed. I don’t need friends, I don’t need women. They are weaknesses. I am strong.
Until I see her. She is gorgeous and kind and off-limits to me. She was stolen as a child to be the worst type of slave and now master wants her. What he wants, he gets. With a smile, she melts my brutal heart. I have never wanted anything more.
I need to make a choice. Freedom or Love. I cannot choose wrong.

BRUTAL. INTENSE. PASSIONATE. THE WORLD OF THE SCARRED SOULS.

They call me 901. I am a monster, a killer, a champion. In the blood pit I am a god. I have no name, no family, and no identity. When master says fight, I fight…until I am the only one left standing. I have one goal, to fight so well that I am freed. I don’t need friends, I don’t need women. They are weaknesses. I am strong.
Until I see her. She is gorgeous and kind and off-limits to me. She was stolen as a child to be the worst type of slave and now master wants her. What he wants, he gets. With a smile, she melts my brutal heart. I have never wanted anything more.
I need to make a choice. Freedom or Love. I cannot choose wrong.
  
Riot by Tillie Cole (Scarred Souls, #4)
Riot (Scarred Souls, #4)When your identity is stolen, your memory erased and you are raised as an animal, taught to kill or be killed, inside there is a heart, a longing for companionship and for one special person and for love.

Number 901 was a killer, brutal, cold and fierce. His job day after day when released from his sell was to entertain the masses through death matches and he never lost. His “master” was a twisted soul who enjoyed the blood, the money and the power he felt lording over the best fighters every made, never mind they were drugged within an inch of their lives. For 901, to make a friend was to lose his edge, what if he had to fight them to the death?

When the Master wanted a sex slave, he took the best of the best in his stable of “monas.” She, too is drugged to crave the debauchery of this sadistic monster. Number 152 was beautiful, tortured and forced to do the master’s bidding. She also is someone’s sister, just like every other sex slave held prisoner since they were children. Now she would become a weapon of torture for the master’s bidding as he offers her to the Blood Pit’s champion, 901. He rejects her at first until her painful moans from the drug induced sexual frenzy weaken his resolve, because if he doesn’t fill her needs, she will die. What either expected was to fall in love, to truly want someone, need them. The only thing that could make things perfect would be freedom and the death of the master.

RIOT by Tillie Cole is dark, disturbing and filled with the gore of hand to hand combat, as well as the havoc it wreaks on the human mind. The only light in the world of an underground fighter is if they find love and even that can be used against them. Discover a stark world where the only thing one man has left is his pride and the fledgling honor he keeps hidden. Find the beauty of love in the ugliest of places and discover what power lies within those four letters as the final battle is waged and death stalks those who fight to survive.

I received an ARC edition from St Martin's Griffin in exchange for my honest review.


1 comment:

  1. Whew. These sound awesome. You had me at the opening of the book. Such a great cover too.

    ReplyDelete