Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Kiss of a Dragon by Alisa Woods (Fallen Immortals, #1)

Kiss of a Dragon
by Alisa Woods

My rating: 4 stars

Series: Fallen Immortals - Book 1
Publisher: Sworn Secrets Publishing (July 5, 2016)
Publication Date: July 5, 2016
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Print Length: 281 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


LUCIAN 
I am a Dragon Prince of the House of Smoke… and I am dying. 

Five hundred years is truly enough for a man like me. A monster. Yet a ten-thousand-year treaty will die with me, if I don’t spawn a dragonling to take my place. My two brothers are no use in this task. It falls to me, the eldest by a hair’s breadth, and yet, I cannot face the horror of another sealing. Another death. Another woman’s blood on my hands. 

ARABELLA 
I was saved from death in a dark Seattle alley by an impossibly beautiful man who swooped in on golden wings. Now he’s taken me to his lair, opened my eyes to a world of immortals I didn’t know existed, and given me an impossible task—find him a mate. Then, and only then, will he set me free. 

He needs her more than he wants; she wants him more than she should; and the fate of both the mortal and immortal worlds depends on not just repairing their hearts, but finding a Love that’s True… 

The FALLEN IMMORTALS series is a modern Beauty and the Beast story with flaming HOT dragon shifters, vengeful Dark Fae, and beguiling fallen angels. Only readers over 18 should embark on this epic series of dangerous love.  

Kiss of a Dragon by Alisa Woods (Fallen Immortals, #1)

Kiss of a Dragon (Fallen Immortals #1)Dragons? Romance? Expecting some dragon-hot passion, right? Right! Imagine using this line on a girl: I’m nearing the end of my life if I don’t have a dragonling, so I need to find my true love, she must be human and have a baby so I can live longer…okay, so that isn’t EXACTLY what Lucian, the head of the House of Smoke said, but he certainly got the attention of human attorney Arabella. Then again, it could have been stealing her away to his keep, via dragon power…

KISS OF A DRAGON by Alisa Woods has humor, danger and an unlikely ally in the quest to find Lucian a mate. He also has the vile dark fae trying to make sure his plan doesn’t come to fruition and a house full of dragon brothers who seem to have no filters and are as different as night and day to Lucian.

Seems Lucian is so bent on finding his true love, he is willing to hold Arabella captive until she finds one for him, or is that just smoke and mirrors to get Arabella to notice him? In a classic case of denial, Arabella refuse to think of how much it bothers her that Lucian will be making love to another, while Lucian needs her more than he is willing to admit and it is all because of his past, a desperate act that cost him both his first wife and his child. Can Arabella and Lucian find what they both are looking for in each other? Will the evil lies and half-truths of the fae turn Arabella into a fearful and mistrusting female?

Well-written, full of surprises along with some easy to see romance coming, but hey, isn’t the journey most of the fun? Be prepared to sweat as a 500 year old dragon uses his “talents” to his best advantage to find love, but is he searching in the right place?

No comments:

Post a Comment