Saturday, April 8, 2017

Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault by Candace Robinson

Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault
Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault
by Candace Robinson

My rating: 3 stars

Publication Date: May 16, 2017
Publisher: Candace Robinson
ASIN: B06XR44W6M
Genre: YA | Horror
 Some see it... Some don't...

People in the town of Deer Park, Texas are vanishing. There is a strange museum, known as Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault, that appears overnight. Perrie Madeline's best friend and ex-boyfriend are among the missing. Perrie, along with her friend August, go on a pursuit to search for them in the mysterious museum. Could the elusive Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault have anything to do with their disappearances?

An upper YA book that intertwines horror with retellings

 
 Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault by Candace Robinson

Quinsey Wolfe's Glass VaultThere is something strange going on in Deer Park and it all started with the unusual museum that seems to disappear at the most inconvenient times. Author Candace Robinson has conjured up a tale of magic, mystery and horror that even blends fact and fairy tale! QUINSEY WOLFE’S GLASS VAULT will peck at your imagination and challenge you to keep up as Perrie and August enter the museum to find their missing friends, only to discover there is more to each horrific display than meets the eye, as well as more to the mysterious owner than Perrie could ever imagine.

Looking for a very dark, very busy read with more twists than a Twizzler? Candace Robinson has it right here. The concept is fabulous, dark and at times truly evil. There will be moments of sadness and moments of relief as Perrie goes in search of her best friend only to find that sometimes, one can never escape their fate.

This definitely felt like a young adult read, sometimes I thought that it would be perfect for middlegrade/younger YA readers, except for the liberal use of profanity. Perrie came across as a one tough cookie on a mission, although she also felt very young to me. I could see this tale being expanded into more than one book and I wanted more meat, but for a younger reader, it was great, again without the profanity. (And I am not a prude, I can *#@ with the best of 'em)

I applaud Candace Robinson’s talent to take on more than one genre, to give me the creeps and to make me recognize the scenes she has created or re-created. It just didn’t feel like an upper YA read to me and I think there is a huge younger audience out there that would fall all over this one!

I received this copy from Candace Robinson in exchange for my honest and voluntary review and look forward to being part of her Cover Reveal at Tome Tender!

No comments:

Post a Comment