Friday, July 28, 2017

Covetous by Victoria Evers (The Marked Mage Chronicles, #2)

Covetous
by Victoria Evers

My rating: 5 stars

Series: The Marked Mage Chronicles - Book 2
Publication Date: July 14, 2017
Publisher: Victoria Evers
Genre: Paranormal - YA
Print Length: 400 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
Heaven Wants Me Dead.
Hell Wants Me As Their Weapon.
And I’m in Bed With A Devil.

I was just your average seventeen-year-old girl, until I was Marked. Some may sell their souls; mine was taken. Not only are angelic hunters out to kill me, but Hell’s deadliest Mage—the devilishly charming Crown Prince of Lust—is just as desperate to get his hands on me…again. No, he doesn’t want me dead. This seductive trickster only has one thing on his mind: making me his new blushing bride.

He can call me his “mate” all he wants. I’m not about ready to sign my soul away into eternal damnation, no matter how gorgeous he may be. But after two months on the run, I realize I can’t escape the ugly truth. If I wish to fight another day, I just may have to make a deal with the worst kind of devil. The kind that loves me.

I thought I knew what rock bottom was, but this is only the beginning. As the great poet once said, “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
  

Covetous by Victoria Evers (The Marked Mage Chronicles, #2)

Covetous (The Marked Mage Chronicles, #2)Hang on for a tale of tug-o-war with one girl’s heart, mind and soul as she fights with all she has to avoid becoming the bride of the Crown Prince of Lust, the dark mage, Blaine. It all started when Kat was “marked” by Blaine and it became open season on her life. Now, with the help of light mage, Reese, (who seems to have her romantic favor) and the professor, Kat attempts every spell they can find to remove the mark that acts as a homing beacon for Blaine. When he moves next door to her aunt’s home, clearly she knows nothing has worked. Can you say frustrating beyond belief?

That open season on Kat? Seems she has become a target for death from both heavenly hunters and the denizens of hell and just maybe, Blaine may be her biggest ally and most staunch defender….WHAT???? WHY???? Could there be more to this hot-as-blazes bad boy prince than meets the eye? Is he really in love with Kat? What about Reese? Who can Kat trust with her life?

Victoria Evers’ COVETOUS is non-stop entertainment from start to finish! High infusions of attitude, great dialogue and a plot that kaleidoscopes through twists and turns will have readers switching alliances, because just maybe, the devil you think you know has so much more to him and maybe your savior isn’t playing with all cards on deck. Who can a girl trust, I ask you, because being a normal teen isn't hard enough!

Emotionally chaotic, filled with surprises, this series is addictive, because not knowing what happens next is just not possible! Victoria Evers managed to pull me out of my reality and into hers seamlessly, and I have to admit, I was NOT ready to leave. I almost shook my Kindle to see if another page would show up…nope, no such luck.

I received this copy from Victoria Evers in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment