Saturday, July 29, 2017

Loving Kalvin (The Kennedy Boys #4) by Siobhan Davis

Loving Kalvin
by Siobhan Davis

My rating: 5 stars

Series: The Kennedy Boys - Book 4
Publication Date: July 31, 2017
Publisher: Siobhan Davis
Genre: YA/NA Romance
Print Length: 298 pages
Available from: Amazon
 
A friends-to-lovers second-chance romance from USA Today bestseller Siobhan Davis. Standalone with HEA and no cliffhanger.

Lana
I knew it would end in disaster, but I didn’t listen to reason. I didn’t care. Because I loved him so much.
Kalvin Kennedy ruled my heart.
Until he destroyed it.
Shattered it so completely that I became someone else. Someone I loathed. Someone who repeatedly lied to her loved ones.
So, I ran.
From him. From myself. Desperate to hide my new reality.
But I could only run so far.
When he reappears in my life, I’m terrified. Unbelievably scared of facing the consequences of my actions.
Never mind that I still love him and want him so badly—there’s too much at stake now.
How can I trust him with the biggest secret of all when he’s likely to rip my world apart again?

Kalvin
Lana was always far too good for me. Everyone knew it but her.
I tried to stay away, but I was weak.
And I hurt her.
Crushed her until she barely resembled herself. Forced her to follow a path she would never have willingly chosen.
And then she was gone.
And my world has never felt as empty, as lonely.
She begged me to stay away. Not to find her. To forget she ever existed.
But that’s like asking me to slice my heart in two and toss half aside.
I’ve never believed in fate, but when I rock up to the University of Florida, I’m ready to eat my words.
Because she’s here. Like I hoped she would be. And I’m determined to prove I deserve a second chance.
  

 
 Loving Kalvin (The Kennedy Boys #4) by Siobhan Davis


Loving Kalvin (The Kennedy Boys, #4)Well, Siobhan Davis is full of shocking surprises as she leads her readers down into the depths of her mind, imagination and the sensitive issues she writes about with such great care to detail. LOVING KALVIN goes above and beyond in the telling of one young couple’s twisted tale of love, loss and second chances. Get ready for the emotional upheaval, the gut-clenching revelations and the proof that just maybe dreams can come true, but it will certainly take more than the flick of a magic wand.

Lana was young, in love and desperate to be more than the dirty little secret she felt like with Kalvin as they shared precious moments together, in the shadows and he continued to be another Kennedy manwhore. She gave herself to him, dreamed they could have a future until it came crashing down and she sold her soul to the devil she knew, played the puppet and then ran to hide in shame. She took a piece of Kalvin with her and began to build her castle of lies. Lies to those she met at college, lies to Kalvin, lies of omission and worst, lies to herself.

Kalvin wants nothing more than to find and convince Lana he never meant to hurt her, that he needed her and that there is nothing she could ever do that he couldn’t forgive. Little did he know that promise would be put to the test again and this time the knife would be twisted into his heart, deeper than he could have imagined. This time, Lana would still lie by omission while letting Kalvin beg for the forgiveness he so desperately wants, with his actions and his words.

Siobhan Davis had me bouncing all over the grid, was Lana a villain or a victim caught in a twisted web of control And Kalvin? Is he part saint, part martyr and a little too ready to shoulder the blame for all of the issues that tore him and Lana apart? Yep, all over the grid.

Once again, Siobhan Davis has created a magnetic and enthralling tale that tackles some tough issues with powerful writing that allows readers to examine her characters and the events while still hoping for that Happy Ever After!

I received an ARC edition from Siobhan Davis in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment