Author: Cora Brent
Release Date: October 31, 2017
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Still reeling from a nasty divorce, Melanie Cruz’s pride takes another beating when she loses her enviable job at an upscale resort. After a flurry of unsuccessful interviews, she finally—desperately—accepts a job managing a small chain of family-owned pizzerias in a quaint downtown Phoenix neighborhood. The job also comes with Dominic Esposito, her overbearing but ridiculously handsome boss. Falling for him might be the last thing she expects, but maybe it’s the one thing she needs.
As hard as they try to resist, Melanie and Dominic embark on a romance as hot as a brick oven, and Melanie has every reason to believe that maybe, this time, she’s finally found “the one.”
But Dominic has a secret—one even his family doesn’t know. And the scandal could threaten everything he and Melanie have worked for…in business and in love.
Cora Brent is the USA Today and New York Times bestselling author of the Gentry Boys series. She was born in a cold climate but escaped as soon as it was legally possible. These days, she lives in the Arizona desert with her husband, two kids, and a prickly pear cactus she has affectionately named “Spot.” Cora’s closet is filled with boxes of unfinished stories that date back to her 1980s childhood (someday she fully intends to finish her first masterpiece about a pink horse that plays baseball), but in the meantime, she’s consumed with her romance novels.
For more on the author and her work, visit www.corabrent.com, or connect with her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ CoraBrentAuthor.
Social Media Links
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ CoraBrent
Cora Brent Rapid Response
1) Coffee or tea? I love tea but I can’t open my eyes fully without a cup of coffee.
2) Walk on the beach or hiking a mountain? Walk on the beach. No contest.
3) Comedy or drama? Drama
4) TV or books? Books. Always.
5) Best movie you have watched in 2017 (so far)? Dunkirk
6) Best romance you read in 2017 (so far)? Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher
7) A book you wish you had written? Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series is pure genius.
8) Favorite romance trope to read? I’m a sucker for insta love. Perhaps because I’ve lived it so I understand it’s real.
9) Favorite romance trope to write? Enemies to lovers is deliciously satisfying. So much angst.
10) Favorite place to write? On my front porch in a Cracker Barrel rocking chair.
11) Your heroine that most closely resembles you? So many contain little bits and pieces of me but I’d have to choose Saylor from Draw.
12) A trait that all of your heroes must have? Sense of humor
13) A setting (city/region) you want to write about in the future? Coastal Oregon. Because Goonies.
14) The actor and actress you used to physically model your H/h after in Fired? I’ve actually never used actors as inspiration so I’m drawing a blank.
15) Your favorite scene from Fired? The first time Melanie and Dominic, ahem, get busy in the pizzeria kitchen.
16) A song that encapsulates the emotion of Fired? I always have a playlist for every book and while I was writing Fired I must have listened to Feel Again by One Republic at least three hundred times.
17) What’s next? Currently I am finishing up the next book in my Gentry Generations series, which is a spinoff of the original Gentry Boys series. After that I’m working on a stand alone single dad romance.