Sunday, July 9, 2017

Hallie. A Tit For A Tat by Isaiyan Morrison (Deamhan Chronicles 3.5)

Hallie. A Tit For A Tat
by Isaiyan Morrison

My rating: 5 stars

Series: Deamhan Chronicles - Book 3.5
ebook, 112 pages
Published June 27th 2017 by Isaiyan Morrison

 
I'm no killer. I'm not like them. Who am I kidding? I'm exactly like them.

I, Hallie Mortenson, didn’t asked to be sired and thrown into a ditch. I never asked for my life to be turned upside down or to live in a world where sunlight is nothing more than a fading memory.

It’s against The Dictum to sire someone as young as me, but no Deamhan pays attention to those rules anymore. With the entire world against us, we’re more concerned with survival and avoiding the feeling of being suffocated rather than adapting to the drama we inherited.

I think I’m starting to learn that lesson…slowly. However, with threat looming around every corner, my sire’s return to the city is making things worse. He has a secret agenda; one which involves a very old and powerful Deamhan bent on revenge against his sire line, which includes me.

I keep telling myself that I’m not like them and that there has to be more to life than this.

I am a Deamhan and this is my story.
  

 
 Hallie. A Tit For A Tat by Isaiyan Morrison
(Deamhan Chronicles 3.5)

Hallie. A Tit For A Tat (Deamhan Chronicles 3.5)Hallie struggles with questions. Who turned her into a Deamhan. Why did they flaunt the rules of the Dictum and take her as a teen? Why did that monster leave her laying in a ditch like yesterday’s garbage? Struggling with brutal nightmares leaving her weak and wretched each morning and with the promise of help in getting her answers, she follows Enlai one night, only to run into an older, more powerful Deamhan, and he just may be the man with the knowledge she craves.
As Hallie struggles to not be the monster she is capable of being, the danger on the streets has grown exponentially and one Deamhan with an agenda may have placed her square in his sights, a victim of guilt by association. As the offspring of her rogue sire, she may be one of many who pay the ultimate price for a debt they never owed. How can Hallie exist in a world where kindness is rare, information is almost non-existent and she is ill-prepared to live the life and the cards she has been dealt.

Isayian Morrison’s HALLIE. A Tit For A Tat is the dark tale of a teen already in the throes of emotional turmoil whose human life is stolen and what she is left with is being Deamhan, alone, afraid and determined to prove she is not a monster, if she survives…
Dark and edgy, and shrouded in an atmosphere that almost breathes desperation and fear, once again, Isayian Morrison’s world comes to life with her stark words and unique characters. Enter a world where things that go bump in the night can be deadly and there will be no sugar-coating how deadly they can be.

I received an ARC edition from Isaiyan Morrison in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment