Tuesday, November 7, 2017

J.S. Scott's The Billionaire's Secrets


Title: The Billionaire's Secrets
Author: J.S. Scott
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Publisher: Montlake Romance

Summary

Former rock star Xander Sinclair may be out of rehab, but he’s not out of the woods. Still haunted by his parents’ murders, he has secluded himself in his Amesport mansion and dodges any attempted contact from his two brothers. Struggling not to fall into relapse, he believes he’s battling his demons alone.

That is, until Samantha arrives to work as his live-in housekeeper. Effortlessly charming and cheerful and wickedly sexy, she challenges Xander to abandon his isolation. The two embark on a fiery relationship—one that could change them both forever.

Just when Xander is on the verge of reclaiming his life, he discovers that Samantha has been hiding things from him…things that could shatter the fragile future they’ve begun to build together. For Xander, escaping the past is no longer an option. It’s time to face it—even when some secrets seem too heavy for the heart to bear.

Author Biography

J.S. Scott is a NY Times & USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She's an avid reader of all types of books and literature. Writing what she loves to read, J.S. Scott writes both contemporary erotic romance stories and paranormal romance erotics. They almost always feature an Alpha Male and have a happily ever after because she just can't seem to write them any other way! She lives with her husband in the picturesque Colorado Rockies. You can write to the author at jsscott_author@hotmail.com.

Social Media Links




Exclusive Excerpt - The Billionaire's Secrets by J.S. Scott

“It’s almost time for Supernatural,” he commented as he looked at the clock on the wall.

I stood up and took our empty plates to the kitchen and dropped them into the sink. I’d take care of them in the morning. “You hate that show,” I reminded him as I walked back to my chair.

“You like it,” he grumbled as he leaned over and snagged me by the waist. “You can see it better from here.”

I laughed as my body slammed into him when I landed on the couch cushion beside him. “Admit it,” I teased. “You’re getting addicted to the show.”

He settled my body next to his as he said, “It’s growing on me.”

“How could it not?” I’d been addicted to the program for several years. Sometimes I was pulling my hair out over the cliffhangers, but it kept bringing me back for more.

I’d been catching up on episodes at Xander’s house, and he’d come to watch it with me, complaining about the ridiculousness of the whole fantasy of demon-hunting brothers. But a few episodes in, I’d noticed how he’d started asking questions about the characters. Then later, I’d had to practically catch him up on the entire cast of the show.

That’s when I knew he was hooked, but didn’t want to admit he’d been drawn in just like I had by the quirky television series.

He shrugged. “I can tolerate it now. You like it.”

I sighed as he pulled my head against his chest. He felt so good, so warm, and it felt so natural to be plastered against him that I didn’t object. I took a deep breath in, reveling in his masculine scent. I couldn’t be this close to Xander without my body reacting to him.

“I don’t want you to watch it just because I like it.” I knew damn well he wanted to see this week’s episode, too, but he didn’t want to admit it out loud.

“I like this,” he said as he buried his face in my hair and stroked a strong hand up my back. “I like the way you feel, and the way you smell like some kind of flower I can’t identify. I like the way you listen to me talk, like what I’m saying is important instead of crazy. I like being close to you, Sam, because when I am, I don’t feel so alone anymore.”

I put my hand on his chest. “You’re not alone, Xander.”

My heart stuttered because I knew all too well how he felt, and he’d been solitary for way too long.

“I think I’m starting to understand that, Sam. For some reason . . . you get it. And you have no idea how much I regret what happened the first time we were together.” Genuine remorse echoed in his voice.

“It shouldn’t have happened,” I told him. “I shouldn’t have offered. I thought I could do the ‘no emotional involvement’ thing. It turns out that I suck at it.”

“No woman deserves that, Sam. Not ever. I was dumb for thinking that would ever be enough. It’s not what I want from you.”

I knew I shouldn’t, but I couldn’t stop myself from asking, “What do you want?”

He was silent for a minute, and when I looked up at him, I could see the muscle in his jaw ticking, his expression tense.

Our eyes met, and I fell into his darkness for a moment, transfixed by his molten stare.

Finally, he answered, “Right now, I want everything. I want to give you whatever you want, and then start all over again. I want you naked and panting for more.”

My breath hitched at the intensity of his voice and his covetous eyes as they roamed over my face. “I won’t say I don’t still want you, Xander. It would be a lie,” I said breathlessly. “But let’s focus on being friends right now.”

The man needed a confidante and somebody to stand beside him. He didn’t need to be entangled in messy romantic drama.

His arm tightened convulsively around my waist. “Okay,” he agreed reluctantly. “But at least now you’ll know what I’m thinking about every time I look at you.”

GIVEAWAY

A Digital copy of THE BILLIONAIRE'S SECRETS

No comments:

Post a Comment