Awaken the Darkness
(Immortal Guardians #8)
by Dianne Duvall
Kindle Edition, 414 pages
Publication: July 10th 2018 by Dianne Duvall
Return to the "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly) world of New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians.
He awakens encapsulated in dirt with no knowledge of how he came to be there. Riddled with injuries, he can remember neither his past nor who he is. Nor can he remember what he is. But surely no mortal man could survive being buried deep beneath the earth. All he knows with certainty is that the soothing voice and presence of the woman moving around above enables him to endure the agony of his wounds. And he will do whatever it takes to be with her.
When Susan first sees the old two-story house for sale, such warmth and longing fill her that—against all reason—she makes an offer. It will take years of hard work and money she frankly doesn’t have to fix up the place. So she can’t explain why she bought it. She also can’t explain what compels her to spend hours one night, digging in the basement until she unearths a man. A man who still lives and breathes despite having been buried alive. A man whose intense brown eyes glow amber with pain, declaring him far more than ordinary. Susan knows she should keep her distance. He has no memory and possesses gifts that would make most fear him. But as the two work together to unravel the mystery of his past, she finds herself drawn in by his teasing nature and tender touch. So much so that she loses her heart to him even as they find themselves hunted by unknown enemies who are ruthless in their quest to capture them.
Don't miss a heart-pounding moment of Dianne Duvall's "utterly addictive" Immortal Guardians series!
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians series and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and"wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choice Awards and are routinely deemed Top Picks by RT Book Reviews, The Romance Reviews,and/or Night Owl Reviews.
Dianne loves all things creative. When she isn't writing, Dianne is active in the independent film industry and has even appeared on-screen, crawling out of a moonlit grave and wielding a machete like some of the vampires she creates in her books.
For the latest news on upcoming releases, contests, and more, please visit DianneDuvall.com. You can also find Dianne online . . .
Hello! Thank you for joining me today in celebrating the release of AWAKEN THE DARKNESS, Immortal Guardians Book 8. If you’re new to my Immortal Guardians series, don’t worry. Each novel and novella can be read as a stand-alone, so you won’t be lost if you dive in with this one. You’ll just know more about the secondary characters if you read them in order. If you like paranormal fiction that is chock full of action, passion, humor, and romance, then I think you’ll enjoy Susan and Stanislav’s book.
I have always been a voracious reader. In fact, one of my earliest memories of elementary school is of anticipating with a great deal of excitement the arrival of the Book Bus, which would offer us a glorious buffet of shiny new books every month. My appetite for the written word has not diminished over the years and ultimately led me to become a writer. Unfortunately, writing seriously diminished my reading time. As a result, I’m thinking my current TBR pile could fill a high school gymnasium. But one of my resolutions for 2018 is to get some more reading in, because I really do love it and miss being able to devour a few chapters at a time instead of a few pages here and there (which to me is like only eating one potato chip when you have a whole bag in front of you). Readers often ask me what authors and books I enjoy. So I thought I would share with you …
What’s on my TBR list?
• Laurann Dohner’s next New Species book. And the one after that. And the one after that. I love Laurann’s New Species series and have reread the books or listened to the audiobooks countless times. So whenever I hear she’s releasing another New Species book, I can’t wait to get my greedy little hands on a copy. I also want to dive into her VLG series, so they’re teetering on the top of my TBR pile, too.
• Christine Feehan’s latest Carpathian books. The earliest books in Feehan’s Carpathian series were amongst the first paranormal romances I read. I devoured every release as soon as it hit store shelves until I became a writer myself, then fell behind as a result of the dearth of reading time I mentioned earlier. So I’m eager to catch up on the books I’ve missed and see what those lovable Carpathians are up to now.
• Stephen King’s The Bill Hodges Trilogy. I am a huge admirer of Stephen King. He has such an amazing way with words and is a wonderful storyteller. I just love his writing, so I’m very much looking forward to reading these books.
• JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series. This is another I’d like to dive into. I read the third book in the series (Zsadist’s book) a few years ago and enjoyed it. So I’d like to go back and start with the first book and work my way through the series.
• Lynsay Sands’ latest Argeneau books. This series is one I’ve been reading and enjoying for years. I’m a few books behind though and can’t wait to catch up.
Hmm. I see a pattern in most of the books mentioned above. Can you tell I adore paranormal romance? LOL. What books are on your TBR List?
(1) $50 Amazon Gift Card
(1) $25 Amazon Gift Card
(1) Immortal Guardians Prize pack